Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 23 - Storm Threat

powderfreak

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those definitely came a row of a few counties north in the last 24 hours... wasn't it you ETaunton that said yesterday you liked them but 20-50 miles north?

Yeah. I really thought the Mahoosucs was/is the place to be on this one. The elevation there 1000-3000ft will help. Basically draw a line along RT5 from Fryeburg over to Paris, points N & W. Sunday River may do really well with this storm given there location on the NE side of the ridgeline they are on. Orographic lift.

+1

I would like a south shimmy to ensure nothing but snow falls, however.

I would like a south shimmy to ensure that a little something in addition to the ncp falls. Not looking good.

Another 2-3 inches of rain in SNE..just what the dr ordered. Wettest year on rcord is a lock

Yup--no qpf issues for Mt. Tolland!

34.2/31

Ok, I will be looking for you, Could not come in at a worse time for travelers up here..

Power outages aside, I think this storm will be more of a shock to most folks than the Halloween one ... just seems like there isn't much talk of it. Not sure if that changed this morning but last night I kept getting the "really?" "it's going to snow?" ...

Yeah. I really thought the Mahoosucs was/is the place to be on this one. The elevation there 1000-3000ft will help. Basically draw a line along RT5 from Fryeburg over to Paris, points N & W. Sunday River may do really well with this storm given there location on the NE side of the ridgeline they are on. Orographic lift.

Yeah I think we were liking that area..even OceanStwx.

Jeff and Eric are in a good spot for a front end dump, but any little wiggle north or south could have a say for people like Brian, MIke and over to jef and Eric so it's important to monitor trends.

Power outages aside, I think this storm will be more of a shock to most folks than the Halloween one ... just seems like there isn't much talk of it. Not sure if that changed this morning but last night I kept getting the "really?" "it's going to snow?" ...

Yeah, A lot of people were/are surprised, But a couple of days ago it was rain here and before that it was partly cloudy skies for the 7 day period so there was not a lot of beating the drum before hand, Kind of snuck in here as guidance shifted south over the last couple of day, Central maine and the county were in the sweet spot even 2 days ago

Loon, Sunday River, Attitash webcams should be good... and I will be home to watch them

You guys are all talking NH/ME but I think some of the Vermont areas will get smoked just as much... spots like Killington and Sugarbush in the central Greens at elevations of 1,500-4,000ft. Those guys will upslope on a SE flow, too (well the Spine upslopes on most types of flows, just in different areas). Okemo/Ludlow area up towards the poster Allenson.

Archived