Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Weather References and Newbie Information

burgertime

:P

CR (and everyone).....would it be okay to merge these two threads together so we could keep all of these fantastic resources in one place?

Sure thing. Fine by me. Is there a way to put all the links in one post? I was thinking that after giving enough time for folks to post their favorite links, I would compile and organize them in my first post in this thread. But I'm up for whatever folks think is best and would be most helpful.

And would someone please add Dacula's site? I'm not at my computer and it's a great resource that should be added.

Only if you show CAE some :wub: from time to time   :P

I will definitely try to, especially in major weather events. I tried to mention most of the southeast last week during the heavy rain storm. Hopefully we will have a lot of wintry weather in the southeast this year, because I love to talk about winter storms!

Sure thing. Fine by me. Is there a way to put all the links in one post? I was thinking that after giving enough time for folks to post their favorite links, I would compile and organize them in my first post in this thread. But I'm up for whatever folks think is best and would be most helpful.

And would someone please add Dacula's site? I'm not at my computer and it's a great resource that should be added.

I know burger updated the links as they were entered, along with any reference material if needed. If you would like to rearrange and update, I will just merge his thread with yours. :)   Twice a year I loose all my favorite links on my work computer and this makes it much easier for me to replace them.....yes....I'm lazy  :P 

I will definitely try to, especially in major weather events. I tried to mention most of the southeast last week during the heavy rain storm. Hopefully we will have a lot of wintry weather in the southeast this year, because I love to talk about winter storms!

Deal :hug:  btw....don't forget to let us know when you graduate so we can get you that red tag  :)  

I know burger updated the links as they were entered, along with any reference material if needed. If you would like to rearrange and update, I will just merge his thread with yours. :)   Twice a year I loose all my favorite links on my work computer and this makes it much easier for me to replace them.....yes....I'm lazy   :P

Deal :hug:  btw....don't forget to let us know when you graduate so we can get you that red tag   :)

Will do, I will finish on Friday at midday and get that diploma on Dec. 14!!! Can you tell I am a little excited?

I know burger updated the links as they were entered, along with any reference material if needed. If you would like to rearrange and update, I will just merge his thread with yours. :) Twice a year I loose all my favorite links on my work computer and this makes it much easier for me to replace them.....yes....I'm lazy :P

Ha! Will do. I'll do it tomorrow afternoon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

What exactly is the southeast ridge?

It's the evil feature that sits over the SE or off the SE coast that prevents our cold and snow. We don't want it. Bad. Most of the time in a -PNA pattern (troughing along the west coast), you get a ridge in the SE.

By the way, I've also added the TWC Classics site to the Misc. section in my earlier post.

What exactly is the southeast ridge?

If you like the way the weather is this coming Friday and Saturday, you are a fan of the Southeast ridge.  It is my second favorite winter feature.  Snow is number one. But if it's not going to snow, it might as well be nice enough to enjoy some outdoor activities.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think Burger was correct the first time, in that in the weenies mind, he HAS no lack of knowledge when it comes to knowing more than the pros.

I think you meant "...lack of knowledge..."

"No lack of knowledge" would be a double negative implying they do have this weather knowledge you speak of, upon which they base their opinions.

• 8 months later...