• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Free Weather Station (pickup only)

birdsofprey02

I am moving in the next few weeks, so I've been donating a lot of items, old toys, and random junk. I have an Oregon Scientific WM-918 weather station (google it for info) that my parents bought me probably about 10 years ago. Its NEVER been hooked up because my Dad realized it uses wires and didn't want to climb on the roof for me or have CAT5 cable running from outside. Then I went to college and forgot about the thing. Its resurfaced and ofcourse is still new in box (I opened it, but never even fired it up).

At some point I had software for it and a cable link (though I think it was just a parallel or serial cable)... I can probably find those by the time I move out as well.

I know the system might be worth a few bucks on ebay, but I'm not interested in selling it. I'd rather give it to someone who is interested in the weather/meteorology and who will actually use it (preferably for a kid), not try to profit from it.

Unfortunately, I'm only willing to meet up and bring it to someone (or you can pick it up), I'm not messing around with shipping, the box is about the size of 3 shoe boxes. I live in Bel Air/Abingdon in Harford County, MD, but I work around Arundel Mills, so I'd be willing to drop it off to someone around there.

Anyone interested?

wm918box.jpg

I'll take it.

I been thinking about something simple for either the house or a quick deploy remote station (not really a serious probe or anything, more for winter stuff and general temp readings, etc. I sold all my previous Davis systems to use the money for chasing (the Ian, Ellinwood, WxWarrior Spring expedition this past spring).

I'll PM you in a little bit for arrangements, Ellinwood just gave me a quick heads up, and I'm right in the middle of doing work on the new (to me) Jeep.

I can probably meet you in or around Baltimore or whatever as I'm up there every once and awhile for other business.

• 1 month later...

Archived