Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

However, this bodes poorly for my work...

"Leominster PDs fbook: 4-5 days no power due 2 main line to city damaged. Only 2 gas stations, 3 groc store, 2 restr open" :thumbsdown:

Not yet confirmed, but Nat. Grid map has lots of the city w/o power. drat! I was planning on giving a quiz Wednesday

Quiz them on the storm.

Question 1: Which model did the best?

Question 2: Who recieved the jackpot, MPM or skiMRG?

etc. etc.

Ginx, on 28 October 2011 - 08:05 PM, said:

Ok so we wait, nowcast for me as I sit on the fence. Jerry has me 2-4 but I am thinking Wills reasoning wins out. Gut feeling after looking at everything from MM5 to Andy's Tandy, go big or go home. Ski Peter 15-20, QPF MPM 14-16 Wiz Ryan 10-14 Blizz 14. Will 16-20 Hunchie 18-22 Scooter 4-8 Jerry 4-8. Ray 12-16 Dom 14-16 Sammy Weiner 14-18 Modfan8-14 Nutmeg 4-8 Me Miser 6-12 Coastal RI 3-6 Taunton Bob 3-6 Mesenger 2-4 Phil 1-3 LltLib 6-10 Weather X 6-10 NwCt 14-18

It's fookin Oct, INSANITY

I screwed the pooch on Ray, LL ! Jerry , Scooter, Coastal RI and every one on the East side, lesson learned for the next October superstorm :scooter:

Ok so we wait, nowcast for me as I sit on the fence. Jerry has me 2-4 but I am thinking Wills reasoning wins out. Gut feeling after looking at everything from MM5 to Andy's Tandy, go big or go home. Ski Peter 15-20, QPF MPM 14-16 Wiz Ryan 10-14 Blizz 14. Will 16-20 Hunchie 18-22 Scooter 4-8 Jerry 4-8. Ray 12-16 Dom 14-16 Sammy Weiner 14-18 Modfan8-14 Nutmeg 4-8 Me Miser 6-12 Coastal RI 3-6 Taunton Bob 3-6 Mesenger 2-4 Phil 1-3 LltLib 6-10 Weather X 6-10 NwCt 14-18

I screwed the pooch on Ray, LL ! Jerry , Scooter, Coastal RI and every one on the East side, lesson learned for the next October superstorm :scooter:

Nailed it here like a carpenter

What a storm

I screwed the pooch on Ray, LL Jerry , Scooter, Coastal RI and every one on the East side, lesson learned for the next October superstorm :scooter:

Thanks for having my back in OT Ginxxx. I'm exhausted from a full 36hrs of all out snow lovers delight. I don't have the energy to tangle with the hyenas and frankly after being on such a high I don't want to sully the weekend with their taint.

Thanks for having my back in OT Ginxxx. I'm exhausted from a full 36hrs of all out snow lovers delight. I don't have the energy to tangle with the hyenas and frankly after being on such a high I don't want to sully the weekend with their taint.

My grandparents in haydenville say it's a mess there and they're without power. Interesting that the hilltowns didn't have much tree damage with fluffier snow while the lower elevations did

My grandparents in haydenville say it's a mess there and they're without power. Interesting that the hilltowns didn't have much tree damage with fluffier snow while the lower elevations did

My wife's parents live in Williamburg and they have no power either. With nearly 30" here we only lost power briefly (about 2 minutes). No leaves on the trees saved us. The landscape here was snow ready. Down in the Valley not so much.

This is just incredible....at a loss for words....borrowed in laws 7000 watter....ran some cords in and were good....got a guy coming over tomorrow to tap it into the house then we'll be running the heat....went to get gas in Hartford....one hour wait after hunting for a station - first three were no power.....they only had 89 and I swear the guy jacked his price up....40 cent difference 87 to 89 and 10 cent difference 89 to 92....wtf? Had some large limbs in the car this morning - had to cut it out.....luckily no other damage....

I expect to buy a lot of gas and I do not believe cl&p when they say a week.....we'll see....

On the bright side...cell tower near us seems to have come back to life....

This thread has been a pleasure to read over the past 24 hours.

It's been several years since I was part of anything remotely close to this (during any month of winter). The snow weenie and extremist in me is ready for more; the rationalist in me says no, haha.

Congratulations to those who made it out of this unscathed. Good luck to those who have long days ahead of them. This magnitude of storm is unfathomable for October; the level of damage and number of power outages is, from an outsider's perspective, awe-inspiring.

Worst damage ever around here, we moved my 90 yr old grandmother here cause of the generator and heat. She says that she has never seen anything like it and shes been here her whole life. Plowing from barkhamstead to avon mountain Saturday night was dark and dangeous. First time that every town was dark, not one light anywhere in usually busy commerical districts. Trees falling like toothpicks infront, behind us, we sawed until we realized that it was crazy with more trees dropping around us and we stuck to just pushing what we could out of the way with the trucks. I could not believe the people out either, these idiots must have had a death wish, one guy actually driving into a tree we were cutting up in the road. Plan for today is to find some gas ffor the generator and some more food supplies. The damage on our road alone will be multiple days to fix so were guessing power is atleast a week away here. Good luck everyone, signing off the 3g for now

Worst damage ever around here, we moved my 90 yr old grandmother here cause of the generator and heat. She says that she has never seen anything like it and shes been here her whole life. Plowing from barkhamstead to avon mountain Saturday night was dark and dangeous. First time that every town was dark, not one light anywhere in usually busy commerical districts. Trees falling like toothpicks infront, behind us, we sawed until we realized that it was crazy with more trees dropping around us and we stuck to just pushing what we could out of the way with the trucks. I could not believe the people out either, these idiots must have had a death wish, one guy actually driving into a tree we were cutting up in the road. Plan for today is to find some gas ffor the generator and some more food supplies. The damage on our road alone will be multiple days to fix so were guessing power is atleast a week away here. Good luck everyone, signing off the 3g for now

Maybe OT mods move if so....but if you can get over the mountain to west Hartford and Hartford there is power along Farmington avenue.....we found gas at the Mobil at the intersection of Farmington and prospect....big lines though...good luck....This totally blows

Archived