Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 29/30 Snowstorm OBS thread

ChrisM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started as snow here at noon, just as I finished mowing the lawn/mulching leaves. Temp/dp at noon was 38.0/28. Temp is now 32.9/30 with mod/heavy snow. Started sticking at 12:45 or so. Already have just under an inch. Did not expect to see accumulations until after sundown - epic fail with low level temps by the GFS.

Should be interesting. I'm at almost 400', don't know if that or my location a little further inland will make a big difference for this storm.

Oh didn't know you were on a huge mountain like that.. makes more sense. I just ran up the hill 1.5 miles up the road and they had over .5" 15 min ago.. much more wintery feel than here even sticking to the road a bit. I have a coating but everything is wet.

It will be interesting to compare totals... probably a bigger gradient than any storm last year between you and I. I could see you getting 6" and me getting 2"

34.3/30.9 S- in Stafford Springs, CT

Funny thing is that just a couple hundred feet down the hill it's more of a mix but here at 650' it's all snow (wet though)

I was just running errand in town and it was raining, as I drove up the hill to my house it turned to snow, Im at 715', the center of town is about 500'

i think they are going to have to up the snow accumulation part though

Tonight: Snow. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 30. Blustery, with a north wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Archived