Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12 - II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess i don't understand you always rooting against me getting snow...I mean I'm psyched and pulling for as many of us on here as possible to pull some accumulating snow out of these 2 events. as much as most of us love snow..I would think that would be how peoplereact...You always look for ways for me not to get any

I sense a breakdown like yesterday coming on :lol:

I guess i don't understand you always rooting against me getting snow...I mean I'm psyched and pulling for as many of us on here as possible to pull some accumulating snow out of these 2 events. as much as most of us love snow..I would think that would be how peoplereact...You always look for ways for me not to get any

Too bad Thursday wasn't your birthday

Most people are, Kevin. Except for those meanies who are suggesting that Ray might get more. :)

This NAM run really elongates and delays the surface low back toward the approaching mid-level wave. This produces more precip - probably snow - back to the west into Pa, NY, and finally CT. Thus enabling the frontal boundary to sag south before all the moisture has left. Possibly good for lower elevations further south, not so good for NNE.

Intresting, looks like the qpf output from those and the ETA you posted make this pretty meh for VT/NH. Anymore shifting and I'm going to be starting to b**ch about my qpf!

Mike I think you will do quite well on the 1st system. I am a bit more confident in who will get and where the snow will accumulate. In general AOA 1200 feet areas Catskills, Bergs, Cntl Taconics and Berkshires in the running for 2-4 " lollies 6-8 highest peaks these locations

This NAM run really elongates and delays the surface low back toward the approaching mid-level wave. This produces more precip - probably snow - back to the west into Pa, NY, and finally CT. Thus enabling the frontal boundary to sag south before all the moisture has left. Possibly good for lower elevations further south, not so good for NNE.

100% correct, I get a cirrus deck to look at..

Looks similar to today's EC 48 hour prog. I don't like when the lows stretch; with these scenarios UVM is not strong and often times the NWP's OVER predict the UVM in these type scenarios.

Socksageddon cancel

He still probably gets the most this run since he doesn't have to waste time cooling the column...It probably gives our areas 6-8 (you near the higher end) and he probably gets 10, lol. But there is a pretty good cutoff to his north.

Only issue (for me anyway), is that the slower the low, the more separation between the departing storm, with higher pressures to the northeast, suppressing the northern edge of the precip. Actually would probably be decent deformation enhancement across S NH and N MA

Archived