SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Light snow event 12/10 obs

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As 2 of us thought..the light 1-3 inch event is on the table for tomorrow as models always tend to bring these things back a day or 2 before.

A little snow before the driving rainstorm/flash freze/switch to snow storm to put us in the mood as we sip spiked egg nog tomorrow eve

1-3?? There will be measurable snow around, but maybe a coating to half inch in spots? Maybe...maybe somebody squeaks out a weenie inch, but that may be pushing it.

I'll be surprised if anyone sees more than an inch. But it at least looks like most guidance is back on board for a period of light snow that could whiten things up...maybe up to an inch if we're lucky.

1-3?? There will be measurable snow around, but maybe a coating to half inch in spots? Maybe...maybe somebody squeaks out a weenie inch, but that may be pushing it.

Well yeah closer to one..though i could see Moneypit or some wiener up there getting 2.

Certainly more than flurries like some were saying

It may be dry for many, but I wonder if two areas of qpf set up. One being over western mass and into sw NH. The other maybe closer to easten/se areas as we have better low level moisture coming off the Atlantic. Western areas are closer to the dynamics. Just a thought.

Probably one of those overperforming deals tomorrow where we see widespread 1-2 inch amounts..totally serious here

Enjoy the snow its the only snow youve got. i may stay up if theres a chance we get a decent period of light snow in the overnight period, its not like I have anything to do on Saturday. Id be pretty happy to see a half inch. It would be the first time Ive seen anything since I got a trace on the deck/grill on November 8th and a few flurries since then.

A chance of snow, mainly between 10pm and 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 24.

Southwest wind between 3 and 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow

accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

A little snow will bring smiles to many faces. The BOX AFD says "any accumulaiton would be up to a dusting/coating". Sounds less than an inch to me......

12.6/1

Thats how I undersood it. This is unbelieveable that we have all this crazy cold air around us and its going to get warm rain!!!

Then next week back to massive cold? This sucks..

5.2 IMBY this a.m.

I think some of us might wake up tomorrow and be able to say "oh look, we got a little snow last night". For many others, the flakage will have been so minor they won't know it happened unless they were awake while it was coming down.

Look at the radar over Ohio and western PA....it'll snow nicely for a while tonight

The snow is accompanied by a nice vortmax out there. Looks better then some models show right now. The problem is that the atmosphere is dry so some of that will dry up. The berks stand the best chance, but I do think there will be a very light to perhaps light snow over part or a good chunk of the region. Spots near the south coast may be able to tap into slightly better moisture.

Archived