Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Check-in

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's here?

Also, how do you get member's names to show up at the bottom of the forum (works on the main page for me)

and 1.95MB max upload attm... hopefully that will go up

HubbDave survived the transition

6000+ posts since Feb '09 - gone! (whew, that was time well spent)

Here, but was never much of a contributor...mostly a lurker...

How is the Beast looking?

Too bad you couldn't make the NoHo gtg

Welcome to AMWX!

Yeah I really wanted to make it to the GTG... I'll do my best to make it to the next one!

Berkshire East is going to have a GREAT season... the trails are looking great, and there have been many off-season additions. They're looking to zip (at least the mountain-top course) all winter long, they've made huge additions to snowmaking, and the terrain parks are going to be light-years ahead of where they were. ...not to mention there's going to be a huge wind turbine up top!

BTW, for anybody looking to get cheap ski gear for their kids, don't forget the ski-swap on Sunday. skis AND boots or snowboard AND boots for $25 total.

I'm here for what its worth (probably not much).

I don't much care what the deal is with easternuswx except to say that I find it pretty unprofessional on the part of Vortmax to completely take down the forum with little notice and not even make it read only for a while. Cites health issues and then claims he was planning on starting a new forum, sounds like a story. Sorry to be harsh. There was alot of good stuff on eastern that I wanted to save and I'm sure others felt the same way. All seems to be based on the unexplainable actions of one person.

I know Dendrite and the rest of the staff is fully capable and 100% dedicated to this forum and continuing the "legacy" that we all have created. This board is in good hands for sure and I say this knowing the dedication/intelligence of Dendrite firsthand.

Here and glad we at least have a place to post! Really a shame as to what happened and what transpired. Great to see though we now have leaders here who have a great relationship with the members and who don't suddenly disappear and don't tell anyone anything. Hopefully all the great threads with research and discussions are not lost for good and hopefully they can be retrieved. Let's all work together to make this the NEW best weather board on the net!

kind of funny how I freaked out a little bit when I tried to log onto eastern last night and read that message. I looked at the calander to see if it was April 1. As a 99% lurker on the New England pages for over 5 years, I actually got pretty sad that I wasn't goingto have any idea about this winter's weather.

As I said in a previous post last night, it's total luck that I found this place....Hooray for Google.

I honestly don't care what happened at the other place. I just want to be able to find out the exact time I will chance to rain IMBY...Also, how much for Philly?

There's quite a few who haven't made it. Maybe we can get word to MRG thru covered wagon

ski MRG user_popup.png

• av-839.gif
  • member.png

• user_add.png
  • email_open.png

From Members who Cross Over Thread.

Looks like he made it.

Posted 28 minutes ago

snapback.pngmoneypitmike, on 13 November 2010 - 05:24 AM, said:

Let people know if you've made it to AmericanWX. Just "reply" to the message by adding your name (and former name if you changed it) to the quote and remove the words 'quote'..this way we can just have an ongoing list

MEMBERS

Moneypitmike

HubDave (still me)

Boston seminole (same)

ETaunton

Cyclone-68

Butterfish-55

MaineJayhawk

Professional Lurker (mike65)

DomNH (DS2434)

SnowMan (Bshooter2001)

NewEnglandWeather=NewEnglandStorm