• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
AmericanWx.com WRF Custom BUFKIT for members

Folks,

Cory has been working on converting our WRF model over to GrADS from NCL and we hope to have the model running again soon on the site. We will be offering custom BUFKIT time-height and meteogram images on a request basis for all members. The images will look similar to this minus most of the metric units.

meteo-feldkirchen.png

For those who want to be added, please provide us with:

1. Your city, state of residence (or wherever you want)

2. Your latitude and longitude in decimal degrees (let's go 3 decimal places for now)

If you don't know your latitude or longitude, a quick and easy way to find it is to zoom into your location on Google maps, right-click on your exact location, and then click "What's here?" Your latitude and longitude should show up near the top of the page. All of us in the US will have a positive latitude and negative longitude since we are in the northern and western hemispheres, respectively.

Let's keep this to one request per member and keep this thread requests-only so that everyone's information will be easier to sift through. If you have any questions regarding this feel free to PM me or ask them away in the other WRF thread. Requests for any specific maps should be made in that thread as well.

Thanks!

Brian

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't know your latitude or longitude, a quick and easy way to find it is to zoom into your location on Google maps, right-click on your exact location, and then click "What's here?" Your latitude and longitude should show up near the top of the page. All of us in the US will have a positive latitude and negative longitude since we are in the northern and western hemispheres, respectively.

Here is another link to find your LAT/LON using street address.

http://stevemorse.org/jcal/latlon.php

Could I possibly have 2 locations?

41.466 N, 87.042 W for school and

40.139 N, 74.944 W for home?

Thanks.

For now I'm going to ask that everyone chooses just 1. Otherwise I'd have to make the exception for all members, and I'm not sure how many of the 6-7k current members will want to be involved.

Another FYI, we will be going out 2 decimal places (like the image suggests), but I made everyone post thousandths and I'd do the rounding myself.

The domain probably still won't include the west, huh?

It will eventually. I'm still waiting on a developer fix for the computer clustering problem. It'll likely start out running only east of the Rockies, then when I get the problem fixed it will include the whole U.S. and I can do regional zooming.

What are the wxchallenge cities? I can make sure they're in there.

That would be a great idea to include them. Some will obviously be out of our domain at first.

Fall 2011

City Identifier Dates

Miami, FL KMIA September 26 - October 6

Riverton, WY KRIW October 10 - October 20

Dayton, OH KDAY October 24 - November 3

Juneau, AK PAJN November 7 - November 17

Erie, PA KERI November 28 - December 8

Spring 2012

City Identifier Dates

New Orleans, LA KMSY January 30 - February 9

Providence, RI KPVD February 13 - February 23

Albuquerque, NM KABQ February 27 - March 8

Hilo, HI PHTO March 12 - March 22

To Be Determined * KTBD March 26 - April 5

Wichita Falls, TX ** KSPS April 9 - April 28

It will eventually. I'm still waiting on a developer fix for the computer clustering problem. It'll likely start out running only east of the Rockies, then when I get the problem fixed it will include the whole U.S. and I can do regional zooming.

Well for whenever that is, I wouldn't mind seeing PDX in there:

45.590,-122.581

Archived