• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
flash flooding undermining a Road

wxeyeNH

Crazy $hit! See no other vehicles makes me wonder if the road was closed already.

A friend of mine had posted this on her facebook page. It said that it was taken by a police officer. So my guess is that the police were also somewhere on the otherside stopping traffic. If I had come to that road I would have been stupid enough to try to cross at least at the start of the video, didn't look very bad at first.

That comes from 2-3 years ago, not sure from where - someplace in southern Maine? I'd only seen the 10-15 second clip (run often on the news) where the current lifts the culvert, making it look like one of Dune's sandworms rising out of the desert. The full video upthread shows the whole collapse process - much better.

Why would anyone in this day and age not be on Facebook and Twitter?

Some people choose not to. I'm on Facebook, but not twitter. There are still a few holdouts in my social/family circle not on either....too bad for them, but that's their choice. My in laws think they are too old for facebook and that's the sole reason why they are not on it.

Once you post something to Facebook, they own it. There is no way to delete it or get it back. Oh, you might be able to "hide" it from some, but you can never "delete" it.

If Facebook is willing to change their policy regarding ownership of information posted, I'll re-activate my account. But not until that happens.

That's a crazy video, showing how quick and dangerous flash floods can be. ...There's tons of photos and video out there from the VT flooding, but not that much on the Deerfield River. I've seen the "angry Deerfield" photos from Shelburne, but are there any photos or video at all from up in Savoy? Route 2 is closed indefinitely in Savoy, and I'd like to see pics!

Archived