Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
I have an idea - let's start a new talking points thread

Typhoon Tip

Misread

That solution could disappear at 12z. The euro gives you an inch or two at the end, but actually is good for eastern NY state. I agree it's something to watch, but anafrontal snows have to have lots of things go right. I just wouldn't get hopes up for now, but a better shot for this to happen...the further west you go.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

misread

not forecasting anything more than flurries now

Better look closer

A FEW HOURS OF OVERRUNNING PRECIPITATION IS POSSIBLE WITH

THIS SHORTWAVE. THIS PRECIPITATION WILL LIKELY BE LIGHT SNOW ACROSS

THE REGION. SNOW MAY MIX WITH RAIN BRIEFLY ON THE CAPE AND

ISLANDS. A LIGHT ACCUMULATION IS CERTAINLY POSSIBLE. THIS MAY

RESULT IN AREAS OF SLIPPERY TRAVEL DURING THE EVENING COMMUTE.

Ryan says 45-50 on here and all rain..then goes on air and forecasts 42 on Sunday and rain ending as snow for all of CT on Monday lol..what a troll

wtf are you talking about? did you read my posts?

I said the Euro is still all rain and warm with the first storm and then a flip to snow on Monday with the anafrontal event.

The 00z Euro has anafront storm potential around D5-6 now...it doesn't pop the primary storm as hard and instead digs much more energy southeast as the trough is deepening...this creates a good environment for a storm further south to form along the cold frontal boundary of the primary system that is already lifting N of NY/New England.

This is a scenario that we'll have to watch closely.

Hmmmmmm at the 00z Euro lol

wtf are you talking about? did you read my posts?

I said the Euro is still all rain and warm with the first storm and then a flip to snow on Monday with the anafrontal event.

You and Scooter said snow for Litchfielod County and Pete and Mike and Eastern NY..and none for anyone else..then on air you have snowflakes painted for Monday Which is it?

Better look closer

A FEW HOURS OF OVERRUNNING PRECIPITATION IS POSSIBLE WITH

THIS SHORTWAVE. THIS PRECIPITATION WILL LIKELY BE LIGHT SNOW ACROSS

THE REGION. SNOW MAY MIX WITH RAIN BRIEFLY ON THE CAPE AND

ISLANDS. A LIGHT ACCUMULATION IS CERTAINLY POSSIBLE. THIS MAY

RESULT IN AREAS OF SLIPPERY TRAVEL DURING THE EVENING COMMUTE.

Bump

You and Scooter said snow for Litchfielod County and Pete and Mike and Eastern NY..and none for anyone else..then on air you have snowflakes painted for Monday Which is it?

Well that's a big IF right now. While i do agree it should be watched since we have such an intense ULL perhaps going overhead or underneath us, the odds aren't all that great.

Well that's a big IF right now. While i do agree it should be watched since we have such an intense ULL perhaps going overhead or underneath us, the odds aren't all that great.

that's pretty much the only "hope"...that the ec continues to go even more extreme so much so that it splits further south. not likely though...if anything i'd suspect a less extreme dig

that's pretty much the only "hope"...that the ec continues to go even more extreme so much so that it splits further south. not likely though...if anything i'd suspect a less extreme dig

It will be interesting to see how the models trend. There are still some interesting ensemble members so anything's possible I guess.

Serious question, Kevin. Are you serious? You've said repeatedly that these do better than modeled. But I am really hard-pressed to see where this is coming from. Enlighten.

Thanks.

19.4/9

Yes except for the NAM every model gives us some measurable with the clipper..and more than flurries as you're hearing in some circles. BOX has the right idea

It will be interesting to see how the models trend. There are still some interesting ensemble members so anything's possible I guess.

I'm going to be hitting the road at 10:30 to get to a meeting and probably won't be back at my desk until about 1:30 or so. I really, really hope to return to some tremendously positive changes!

Yes except for the NAM every model gives us some measurable with the clipper..and more than flurries as you're hearing in some circles. BOX has the right idea

I agree on measurable qpf, but I don't see anywhere getting as much as .1, so that's where I'm scratching my head with a 1-3 call. I can see a dusting to a "jackpot" of an inch as more reasonable.

Nah, just nothing really too talk about. Hopefully, the euro pulls a miracle for some, but lots of meh imo. Maybe someone gets a dusting on Friday.

the fact that the clipper has gone to poop as we thought it might...kinda blows because at least that offered up some widespread light accumulations had it at least maintained a trajectory through new england...as opposed to james bay. :lol:

Archived