• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Lost ski areas

cheetah440

This is a great site. Very thorough and sad.

I read an article a couple of weeks ago about Tenny and Ascutney closing possibly for good. The guy who runs NELSAP was quoted in it. It was in the Globe

I feel the same way about it being sad. I hike MT Agamenticus in York a lot in the summer and wonder how cool it would be to have a little area so close to the seacoast.

Jeremy Davis...great guy...and good friend from LSC!!! i got to see the beginning of his obsession before it was a book(s) and a website...such a wealth of knowledge!

omg, i totally forgot, there are pictures of us together at the LSC winter formal! i think he and his site are on FB...y'all should check it out :)

Jeremy Davis...great guy...and good friend from LSC!!! i got to see the beginning of his obsession before it was a book(s) and a website...such a wealth of knowledge!

omg, i totally forgot, there are pictures of us together at the LSC winter formal! i think he and his site are on FB...y'all should check it out :)

I know Jeremy, too, from LSC and the Storm Conferences. He is a good guy! He worked at Blue Hill, too. I think he did a presentation about this at a Storm Conference. When I saw the site, I knew I had seen it before. As soon as I found Jeremy's info, I remembered.

Hey, BTW, Diane...did you hear that the '11 NESC will be here in Taunton?? PM me for more info!

--Turtle ;)

I taught my wife how to ski at Pine Ridge. I heard it is now used by Higgins Motor Sports for hillclimb races. When I was a kid I learned how to ski at Hidden Valley in Ashburnham then went to Watatic and Wachusett. I was just checking out the nelsap site I've been a member there for a while and kind of forgot about it. I was shocked to find out that Ascutney Mt in VT was foreclosed on this past Summer. I've skied there a few times last time was about two yrs ago. Nice little Mountain.

Well on a positive note, an old relic called Campton Mountain in Campton, NH is reopening this winter. Only has a double chair and about 325' vertical.

I just bought a lot up there last summer and hope to teach my kids to ski. I'm not sure it will be opened to the public, but as a lot owner, I'll be able to take friends and family. I believee it will be free for us.

That site is lots of fun. I'd browsed it when posted on Eastern, did so again on Amwx. The more recent pics of Snow Valley (VT) were great; we hauled some of our Scout troop up there from NNJ for a weekend each in 1970 and 1971 and had all good memories - glad to see that nice compact area resurrected.

This time I also looked up the NW NJ areas, Great Gorge and Vernon Valley, where I made tracks during those same years. I was surprised to see "Zero G" as the name of my favorite trail at VV - when I skied there it was "Fearless Fred's". VV was also a bit infamous for having the long novice trail cut straight across two heavily used intermediates; made for some interesting merges.

Evergreen Valley in ME is one area I wish was still around.

Did you ever go to that little hill over in North Attleboro/Plainville at the WW I Memorial park? I think they sometimes still run the lift (town owned?) if there is snow...

Sunrise Ski slope

My sister once lived on the back side of this and we would walk over through the woods and go down it a little on sleds

Did you ever go to that little hill over in North Attleboro/Plainville at the WW I Memorial park? I think they sometimes still run the lift (town owned?) if there is snow...

Sunrise Ski slope

My sister once lived on the back side of this and we would walk over through the woods and go down it a little on sleds

No, I did go to Klein Innsbruck in Franklin though once. My friend and I made about 50 runs in the span of 4 hours.:arrowhead:

Archived