Pittsburgh, PA Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of wasted moisture today.

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA
910 PM EST TUE NOV 30 2010

...WETTEST NOVEMBER DAY ON RECORD FOR PITTSBURGH...

AS OF 905 PM, PITTSBURGH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT RECEIVED 2.17 INCHES
OF RAIN.  THIS IS THE MOST PRECIPITATION EVER RECORDED IN A NOVEMBER
DAY.  THE PREVIOUS RECORD FOR A NOVEMBER DAY IN PITTSBURGH WAS THE
1.89 INCHES THAT FELL JUST 5 DAYS AGO, ON THANKSGIVING.

THE PREVIOUS RECORD FOR THE DATE WAS 0.86 INCHES FROM 1967.

THE TOTAL PRECIPITATION FOR THE MONTH NOW STANDS AT 5.19 INCHES.
THIS IS THE 4TH WETTEST NOVEMBER ON RECORD.  THE WETTEST NOVEMBERS
ARE...

11.05 INCHES IN 1985
7.29 INCHES IN 1950
5.99 INCHES IN 1997
5.19 INCHES IN 2010

Let's remember this set up for heavy rain in the area....my god.

I thought it looked good and was expecting 2+ inches...but this is historic.

Went to check the rain gauge an hour or so ago...it read 3.05" for storm total at that time...i placed it down...and a wind gust knocked it over...

Just checked it a few min ago...and already picked up another 0.25".....so here at a little after 4am Wed I"m sitting at about 3.30" storm total.

I will be purchasing a wireless rain gauge soon...especially after tonight.

I wasn't sure about the quick snow burst...but KHLG is down to 1 1/4 S-....we'll see...everything is lifting to the east quick...but maybe we'll have a coating in the grass...watch for some flooded roads this morning.

There seems to be some kind of wet snow/sleet mix on the windshields. Living where I do, i'll take it. :)

You got that right Hoodlow...:)

Sorry to out ya....it will be interesting to see who that all makes it over here.

I hope RiemannSun makes his way back...he's a red tag too....now....or he should be

I like this thread a lot when I have time...but sometimes I wish there we're were a few more mets in here.

There seems to be some kind of wet snow/sleet mix on the windshields. Living where I do, i'll take it.

There seems to be some sort of white flakey crap all over the lawn, and the deck, and a two hour school delay. I hate it.

(Seriously thinking this is going to be the last year in the snowplowing biz. Maybe next year I'll share some of all of your excitement, or at least be more neutral...)

There seems to be some sort of white flakey crap all over the lawn, and the deck, and a two hour school delay. I hate it.

(Seriously thinking this is going to be the last year in the snowplowing biz. Maybe next year I'll share some of all of your excitement, or at least be more neutral...)

Do you know why Hopewell has a delay today? Is it because of flooding?

<br /><br />

<br />

Do you know why Hopewell has a delay today? Is it because of flooding?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

The roads are still wet, at least where I'm at, so I would think it might be due to flooding. We were already expecting a lot of rain from this system but we probably got an inch or two more than we were expecting.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

I thought there wasn't going to be a change over, i woke up this morning to gusty winds and sleet, then i wake up again in the past several minutes to a dusting of snow and it's coming down heavy right now :snowman:

I can see 2-4 to 3-6 inches of snow today into tonight :snowman:

What are you looking at to see 3-6"? It looks like a dusting to a 1/2" and most of that is going to be on grassy areas.. Tonight may give us a dusting, and nothing tomorrow.

Snow is having a hard time sticking.

Snow coming down at a decent clip here. About 1/4 inch of snow on the grassy areas and the wind is blowing too.

Just took the dog for a little walk and didn't get too far.

It looks like the next 6 or 7 days are going to be snowy.

Still watching the clipper late weekend.

I wouldn't say its going to be a snowy 6-7 days, we will see a flurry or snow shower, but its nothing thats going to give us a major accumulation.

Looks like rest of today could be a hit or miss flurry or two, tomorrow looks dry except for points North and the highlands, Friday and Saturday look mostly dry, Sunday could give us a few snow showers.

Not really feeling it with the clipper.

I went out and measured, and I already have my 1/2", so it can stop now.

Whats your elevation? I am 2093 feet and I have practically nothing..

Black, you should see a short break then maybe another few snow showers for about an hour before it starts to dry out and things become more scattered.

Black, you should see a short break then maybe another few snow showers for about an hour before it starts to dry out and things become more scattered.

Yeah, I just checked the radar out and I can see that I'm in a break right now. I probably have about 1/4" where I'm at. Just enough to coat everything but the roads.

SXUS71 KPBZ 010606
RERPIT

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA
1100 PM EST TUE NOV 30 2010

...WETTEST NOVEMBER DAY ON RECORD FOR PITTSBURGH...

AS OF 11 PM, PITTSBURGH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT RECEIVED 2.95 INCHES
OF RAIN.  THIS IS THE MOST PRECIPITATION EVER RECORDED IN A NOVEMBER
DAY.  THE PREVIOUS RECORD FOR A NOVEMBER DAY IN PITTSBURGH WAS THE
1.89 INCHES THAT FELL JUST 5 DAYS AGO, ON THANKSGIVING.

THE PREVIOUS RECORD FOR THE DATE WAS 0.86 INCHES FROM 1967.

THE TOTAL PRECIPITATION FOR THE MONTH NOW STANDS AT 5.97 INCHES.
THIS IS THE 4TH WETTEST NOVEMBER ON RECORD.  THE WETTEST NOVEMBERS
ARE...

11.05 INCHES IN 1985.
7.29 INCHES IN 1950.
5.99 INCHES IN 1997.
5.97 INCHES IN 2010.

You got that right Hoodlow...:)

Sorry to out ya....it will be interesting to see who that all makes it over here.

I hope RiemannSun makes his way back...he's a red tag too....now....or he should be

I like this thread a lot when I have time...but sometimes I wish there we're were a few more mets in here.

:lol: Yeah, it was time for a new name.

I thought that when I got the message (set up to get school delay text messages on the cellphone), but then I looked outside and saw the snow, so I'm not sure. I wonder if Green Garden Plaza is underwater again?

That plaza is pretty low, I wouldn't be suprised

Is this rants ?

That plaza is pretty low, I wouldn't be suprised

Is this rants ?

Probably...it would explain the huge argument I had with him about the Big Ten being overrated...

In any case, interesting to look at the radar...looks to be filling in a bit across ohio. Not sure if it is ground clutter, and not sure if it will even reach here, but its starting to look like we may have some sort of snowfall all day.

I have close to an inch here in the North Hills I would say...btw, and still snowing all be it lightly.

Are you over in the Laurel Highlands?

It may be because you changed over later than us in the Pittsburgh area?

Archived