• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post a recent picture of yourself

LithiaWx

This is my pup! He is a Great Dane mix supposedly. Certainly has a dane head but that's it. The ball he has in his mouth is his fav toy. The worst part is one day I was out watching him play and he peed on it then put it right back in his mouth. If we don't take it away he will not go anywhere with out.

Nice pup!!

My lab/border collie mix is insane without a tennis ball. Fortunately she isn't into weeing on them, lol. She is, however, into herding cats....which is a neat trick, but mostly doesn't work, lol. A ball carrying cat herder. T

I had a few of those... These pages are old and broken but at least you can see the pictures.

http://crystalridge.net/cars/70ta.htm

http://crystalridge.net/cars/80ta.htm

http://crystalridge.net/cars/73ta.htm

and a couple from the Camaro I got rid of a few years ago

esp%2094.png

prosolo.jpg

Very nice cars. I had a 1976 455 with the super t 10. I went through at least 10 Zoom clutches and 2 trannys, man I loved that car. Turned me into a mechanic though. been with Mercedes ever since

Here's my old 1970 Formula 400 (which was thrown away and replaced with a .040 over 455). This car was gutted and was fiberglass from the windshield forward. The best part, you could still drive it on the street!

70%20Formula.jpg70%20Formula%202.jpg

Here's the car I drove before the Jeep that I'm driving now

FM140%202008%20Nationals%20840%20wide.jpg

And if you care, here's some video's of me autocrossing: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

Here's one of the videos in this F500

The camera is right on the nose of the car.

What the hell, here's my Picasa pictures... https://picasaweb.google.com/103393210667850829661 they're public anyway.

That's all I got! smile.gif I'm done!

The drive-in is awesome!!! Actually I've only seen the movies they play passing by, but my kids used to hang out there. Now that they're 22, 21, and 19, they think they're too cool for the drive-in. Last weekend was the last showing until March/April, one day I will go there...just to be a kid again! LOL

And, as for the name...used to think I was getting my leg pulled when I was told I was moving to Tiger, until I got here....loved it instantly!

As long as we're posting pictures with cars, here's me in August with my Lincoln. Pic was taken at the bank.... I had to sell it. :(

That's a beauty there kiddo. Back in my old Maryland days, I once had a similar Lincoln but gray, and a bit older. The car was an absolute monster, both in size and power; but strangely it had significant weather limitations...

Driving down I-270 towards D.C. one night with no traffic around, curiosity got the best of me and I put the gas pedal to the floor. In short order the speedometer pegged at its limit - 120mph. But when it snowed...good grief! Making a left or right hand turn on snow-covered residential streets was a combination of comedy and horror. Even at a mere 5 mph, that sonofabitch would refuse to change directions.

Talk about inertia in motion! A great car but a nightmare in snow.

Tim in ILM

Snowman.gif

That's a beauty there kiddo. Back in my old Maryland days, I once had a similar Lincoln but gray, and a bit older. The car was an absolute monster, both in size and power; but strangely it had significant weather limitations...

Driving down I-270 towards D.C. one night with no traffic around, curiosity got the best of me and I put the gas pedal to the floor. In short order the speedometer pegged at its limit - 120mph. But when it snowed...good grief! Making a left or right hand turn on snow-covered residential streets was a combination of comedy and horror. Even at a mere 5 mph, that sonofabitch would refuse to change directions.

Talk about inertia in motion! A great car but a nightmare in snow.

Tim in ILM

Snowman.gif

Oh, you probably had the 460. Mine was a 400 and was absolutely anemic -- it took 13 seconds or so to get to 60 at full throttle.

I had to drive it right after the Christmas Storm from CH to RDU to pick a friend up from the airport... while it was still snowing.... with non-working wipers.... non-working heat.... and summer tires. Even though I was sliding all over the place, I didn't hit anything; maybe it had something to do with the fact that drivers tend to avoid a 20 foot long barge gracefully slithering towards them. :lmao:

163243_1576823379270_1196175171_31296043_4095874_n.jpg

I didn't get my first pup until I was out of the army and on my own, and she was part spaniel, and part unknown beauty. She was the most beautiful dog that ever lived :) People would come across the street to rave about how beautiful she was. What a babe magnet, lol!! Can't help but feel sorry for the breeder who threw her to the pound because some dog had got over the fence to visit her mother :) They sure blew it! She was worth her weight in platinum! We always figured she had Brittany in her. T

Kudos to you for serving in the military. I did a stint as a Cold War Warrior in USAF/NORAD back in the early '70s. It's not a career for everyone of course, but just serving once is a terrific experience; especially if one knows how to take advantage of it.

My duty stations from basic training to completion of service were, in order: Texas, Mississippi, Alaska, and Virginia. Taking advantage of "hops" (free rides on Air Force planes) I spent my free time in: Okinawa, Thailand, Japan, California, and several towns/cities in Alaska.

In my view....crimany...it's only a few years out of one's young life. Yea, basic training can be a pain in the rear but it doesn't last long. Then ya go to technical school to learn a "trade" (you're like half-way between basic training and the "real life" one has at a duty station.) My tech school was Keesler AFB in Biloxi...and you can bet I spent some wild weekends in New Orleans! And then ya go off to your duty station - which may or may not be the greatest place on earth but heck, it's an experience!

Sorry to go off on such a tangent....as for your pup; part spaniel and part unknown....you and I have shared the gilded same boat. I know what you have...and it's priceless.

Tim in ILM

pimp.gif

Oh, you probably had the 460. Mine was a 400 and was absolutely anemic -- it took 13 seconds or so to get to 60 at full throttle.

I had to drive it right after the Christmas Storm from CH to RDU to pick a friend up from the airport... while it was still snowing.... with non-working wipers.... non-working heat.... and summer tires. Even though I was sliding all over the place, I didn't hit anything; maybe it had something to do with the fact that drivers tend to avoid a 20 foot long barge gracefully slithering towards them. :lmao:

13 seconds to hit 60? OMFG! You gotta be kidding....but I understand.

Yea, I had the 460 V8 and it would go from 60 to 120 in a flash, LOL. I always liked big family cars with big engines. I once had a metallic green '69 Pontiac Catalina with a 400 V8 that was as beautiful to look at as it was pleasurable to drive...but my "Oldsmobile 88" with a "Rocket 455" V8 engine...well, I remember driving on the D.C. beltway doing the speed limit one afternoon when a car passed me by like I was standing still. So yea, I put the gas pedal to the floor to see if I could catch up to him, ha-ha....Well, all four barrels kicked in and it sounded like a jetliner taking off as my speedometer rocketed to 100mph as fast as I could say "holy mackerel!"

I remember the "super cars" of my younger days but I never owned one. Most were small and cramped...my friend had a Camaro and I hated it! It was like climbing into a 1960s lunar capsule! The spacious interiors with huge V8 engines of the past were a combo of luxury and power...and that was the way to travel.

Tim in ILM

scooter.gif

I spent my free time in: Okinawa, Thailand, Japan, California, and several towns/cities in Alaska.

Sorry to go off on such a tangent....as for your pup; part spaniel and part unknown....you and I have shared the gilded same boat. I know what you have...and it's priceless.

Tim in ILM

pimp.gif

Glad you got to see some world! Late 60's for me. Spent a number of months in Columbia, S.C. And it snowed big time while I was there. Heck, I always thought it snowed there, lol. And Michele sees huge falls of snow, so I know it snows there....ha :) Well, actually, I drove down to Atl. through it, and I think Greenville got a good bit more than Col. The cops had the interstate closed at Greenville, so I had to sneak on via back roads. Had the whole thing to myself in an old 59 VW. and the old ones were good on ice. Wouldn't have even tried it in one of ya'lls muscle cars, couldn't have gotten out the drive, lol. Never saw another car from Greenville into Atl. I would ride for miles with the lights off :) One amazing night!

Our pups had some features similar, except mine looked like Roy Rodger's Golden Palomino. She had long silky feathers like yours, but in golden white. She lived to be 16 which is great, even for a spaniel. Hope you have a pup now! Life's too short not to be enjoying what a dog can teach :) Tony

Glad you got to see some world! Late 60's for me. Spent a number of months in Columbia, S.C. And it snowed big time while I was there. Heck, I always thought it snowed there, lol. And Michele sees huge falls of snow, so I know it snows there....ha :) Well, actually, I drove down to Atl. through it, and I think Greenville got a good bit more than Col. The cops had the interstate closed at Greenville, so I had to sneak on via back roads. Had the whole thing to myself in an old 59 VW. and the old ones were good on ice. Wouldn't have even tried it in one of ya'lls muscle cars, couldn't have gotten out the drive, lol. Never saw another car from Greenville into Atl. I would ride for miles with the lights off :) One amazing night!

Our pups had some features similar, except mine looked like Roy Rodger's Golden Palomino. She had long silky feathers like yours, but in golden white. She lived to be 16 which is great, even for a spaniel. Hope you have a pup now! Life's too short not to be enjoying what a dog can teach :) Tony

I've been without a pet for many years now (my last was an easy going Calico cat who died a decade ago) but have oft consider it. Cat? Dog? Type? A spaniel like those we've discussed might cheer my life up greatly....but I really hadn't thought of it before now. I will keep it in mind now.

As for the old VW "bugs"; oh my! Yes, I had one of those too....With its light weight and rear engine, it would drive circles around everyone else in the snow; but that air-cooled engine was a horror in winter. When living in Maryland I was invited to a family reunion in Utah. I thought about driving my VW bug for the trip then imagined myself crossing the Rockies and freezing to death, LOL! I went; but left my "beetle" at home....

And like with almost all of the old VW bugs...it eventually died on the side of some long-forgotten road.

Tim in ILM

scooter.gif

Here's my old 1970 Formula 400 (which was thrown away and replaced with a .040 over 455). This car was gutted and was fiberglass from the windshield forward. The best part, you could still drive it on the street!

And if you care, here's some video's of me autocrossing: http://www.youtube.c...os?feature=mhee

What the hell, here's my Picasa pictures... https://picasaweb.go...210667850829661 they're public anyway.

Great video! Looks like a blast. I've always wrenched and never driven much on the tracks. MB does invite some of us to AMG driving events at the Atlanta track from time to time. Thats a good time. The banks are higher than they look on TV

I've been without a pet for many years now (my last was an easy going Calico cat who died a decade ago) but have oft consider it. Cat? Dog? Type? A spaniel like those we've discussed might cheer my life up greatly....but I really hadn't thought of it before now. I will keep it in mind now.

As for the old VW "bugs"; oh my! Yes, I had one of those too....With its light weight and rear engine, it would drive circles around everyone else in the snow; but that air-cooled engine was a horror in winter. When living in Maryland I was invited to a family reunion in Utah. I thought about driving my VW bug for the trip then imagined myself crossing the Rockies and freezing to death, LOL! I went; but left my "beetle" at home....

And like with almost all of the old VW bugs...it eventually died on the side of some long-forgotten road.

Tim in ILM

scooter.gif

Oh, that's an easy one! If you have space, 2 of each!! You might have regrets on occasion , but only because you are laughing too much :) Visit the pound from time to time, or just open yourself up to it. The ones you want will find you.

I couldn't imagine going more than a few hundred miles in that VW of mine. The SlowMobile. I had to floor it at the top of huge hills to get it over 50 by the bottom, and me rocking back and forth to give it extra juice, lol. Tony

And if you care, here's some video's of me autocrossing: http://www.youtube.c...os?feature=mhee

What the hell, here's my Picasa pictures... https://picasaweb.go...210667850829661 they're public anyway.

Cool movie! But use a steady cam next time...I don't want to puke on my keyboard, lol. T

That car was very rough, almost like a go-kart. I had to wear elbow pads but the outside of my knees still took a beating. What the videos don't convey are the g forces. The F500 would pull 1.8 g's in a turn and you can't replicate that with a video.

You want to see something amazing. Watch this in HD (you can change it at the bottom of the video window) and full screen. The record run up Pikes Peak.

http://gopro.com/videos/auto/2011-pikes-peak-record-breaking-run-with-monster-tajima-gopro-hd/

Figured I show you all what I look like with my hair cut short:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And here's one of me beside my dad's car. 1976 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird with 400 HP. Almost everyone in town recognizes my dad because of this car. :lol::bike:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Awesome car! My wife and I left our wedding in my best friend's 1979 Trans Am. Black with the gold eagle. Sweet ride!

As long as we're posting pictures with cars, here's me in August with my Lincoln. Pic was taken at the bank.... I had to sell it. :(

Like the Lincoln! When I was in college, my 1980 crap mustang broke and so I got my grandma's 1976 Chrysler Cordoba. That was a hooptie. What a tank. Lots of power, though.

Like the Lincoln! When I was in college, my 1980 crap mustang broke and so I got my grandma's 1976 Chrysler Cordoba. That was a hooptie. What a tank. Lots of power, though.

With rich Corinthian leather?

Thanks! It was a fun car for a 16/17 year old to drive to school in....

Okay, I know this pic doesn't have me in it, but I couldn't resist. Here it is in my front yard with a friend's 1961 Continental convertible. (Stupid resizing made all the jagged lines.)

66432_1472352087553_1196175171_31105279_2838222_n.jpg

Man, that was cool. And that looks like a job of work!! You must be rung out when you finish that run. Reminds me of me playing NFS, only without the wall banging, and dives over the side, lol. T

It's very intense work. I come back from a run out of breath, at least in the F500. The Jeep is a little easier to drive.

• Wow locked this topic
  • jburns unlocked this topic