Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Post a recent picture of yourself

LithiaWx

BEFORE AND AFTER:

1958 - Me on the right. (My younger brother John, killed in a car crash in 1973 on the left.)

50 years later: 2008 - Me.

Awesome pictures Menckenfan :thumbsup::hug: Is that a Brittany Spaniel? I had two Brittany's growing up. One was the best bird dog we ever had, the other wasn't interested in hunting, but took best of show every time I entered him. Amazing pups they are. :sun:

Awesome pictures Menckenfan :thumbsup::hug: Is that a Brittany Spaniel? I had two Brittany's growing up. One was the best bird dog we ever had, the other wasn't interested in hunting, but took best of show every time I entered him. Amazing pups they are. :sun:

That dog (the most magnificent animal I've ever known) was supposedly a mutt. All I was told was that she was half spaniel and half unknown. I know next to nothing about dog breeds - so you might better know just by looking at the picture (and to be honest, I've never even heard of a "Brittany" spaniel.)

I took her everywhere, even for long treks down to the Potomac (our house in Sumner, Maryland (extreme west Bethesda about a mile above the D.C. border) was about a mile from the river.

She lived a reasonably long life but developed some type of cancer so we had to put her down earlier than we'd hoped or expected.

Thanks for the comment; and while I named by brother, I'll add my own (lifelong nickname); Tim (which oddly is in no way related to my legal first name which I never use.)

Tim in ILM

pimp.gif

That dog (the most magnificent animal I've ever known) was supposedly a mutt. All I was told was that she was half spaniel and half unknown. I know next to nothing about dog breeds - so you might better know just by looking at the picture (and to be honest, I've never even heard of a "Brittany" spaniel.)

I took her everywhere, even for long treks down to the Potomac (our house in Sumner, Maryland (extreme west Bethesda about a mile above the D.C. border) was about a mile from the river.

She lived a reasonably long life but developed some type of cancer so we had to put her down earlier than we'd hoped or expected.

Thanks for the comment; and while I named by brother, I'll add my own (lifelong nickname); Tim (which oddly is in no way related to my legal first name which I never use.)

Tim in ILM

pimp.gif

It sounds like she loved you as much as you loved her :wub: I have had several different breeds growing up and while I loved each of them, my Brittany Spaniel's(Lady and Gentry) and my Rottweiler(Skoal) hold a special place in my heart. :wub:

post-279-0-32996000-1321565760.jpg

It sounds like she loved you as much as you loved her :wub: I have had several different breeds growing up and while I loved each of them, my Brittany Spaniel's(Lady and Gentry) and my Rottweiler(Skoal) hold a special place in my heart. :wub:

I didn't get my first pup until I was out of the army and on my own, and she was part spaniel, and part unknown beauty. She was the most beautiful dog that ever lived :) People would come across the street to rave about how beautiful she was. What a babe magnet, lol!! Can't help but feel sorry for the breeder who threw her to the pound because some dog had got over the fence to visit her mother :) They sure blew it! She was worth her weight in platinum! We always figured she had Brittany in her. T

Umm...Have you cut this girl out of your life like you did out of the picture or was this just a really off-centered photo? It's just odd, that's why I ask.

:yikes:

It's a facebook picture that was already cropped? I really didn't wanna go back and find the original. Your being a little bit nit-picky don't you think? :unsure:

I've got a buddy that lives in Tiger, and he always rubs it in. Plus he goes out west to ski for a month or two, instead of enjoying the home grown. Something about mole hills, lol. Tony

LOL....I have a girlfriend who calls them the same! Tiger is a nice little town...we only have 395 people in it, so very small.

• Wow locked this topic
  • jburns unlocked this topic