• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Eastern & Northern Maine Bomb

Mica Vim Toot

Sheesh, Aroostook County is gonna get hammered tonight through Tuesday and it's as though no one here is going to be affected!

Oh.... I guess no one here will..... except for Tolland where they'll score the jackpot.

But anyway, all you Amwx'rs from Northern Maine, get posting. This storm will be a doozy!

Sorry, I am stuck on the Hudson River till Wed.

Vim Toot!

This storm deserves attention as it is so strange. It's backwards and upside-down

It is tracking in from the SE on a NW trajectory. Chances for a mix or rain increase with latitude and the changeover from rain borne by a warm maritime NW wind to cold and snowy will occur when cold S winds kick in as the center of circulation passes by.

Really an odd storm.

Vim Toot!

This storm deserves attention as it is so strange. It's backwards and upside-down

It is tracking in from the SE on a NW trajectory. Chances for a mix or rain increase with latitude and the changeover from rain borne by a warm maritime NW wind to cold and snowy will occur when cold S winds kick in as the center of circulation passes by.

Really an odd storm.

Vim Toot!

An odd storm and interesting from a met standpoint. But I'm not getting in on the action here so I can't get too excited about it. Hope y'all get smoked, though.

There's a guy up here in Caribou who works hard on his wx site for us up here.

We are used to the weather-talkers on tv who always stand so that their over-sized heads block the Northern ME portion of the map. So this guy Rob Lightbown concentrates on the winteriest and most forgotten part of New England, Aroostook County.

Here's his forecast map for the storm:

Crownwx fcst

snowaccumulation.gif

We are used to the weather-talkers on tv who always stand so that their over-sized heads block the Northern ME portion of the map. So this guy Rob Lightbown concentrates on the winteriest and most forgotten part of New England, Aroostook County.

Crownwx fcst

snowaccumulation.gif

I go on his site, He also post in here on occasions..........

Looks like GYX like the period after next weekend......... :snowman:

LONG TERM /MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY/...

ON MON OUR NRN/ERN AREAS OF THE FA WILL BE ON THE WRN FRINGES OF A

LARGE PCPN SHIELD ASSOC WITH AN INTENSE LO PASSING INTO THE

MARITIMES MON AND THEN THE CENTER MOVG ACROSS NRN ME MON NGT. A

FEW INCHES ARE PSBL ACROSS ERN MOST AREAS WITH THE HVIER SNW

STAYING WELL TO THE N OF OUR FA. AS THE SYSTEM GETS CAPTURED AND

BECOMES VERTICALLY STACKED MON NGT AND TUE OVER SERN CANADA SOME

DECENT SNW SQUALLS ARE EXPECTED IN THE MTNS...ELSWHR DOWNSLOPING

WINDS WILL KEEP ANY SNW SHWRS TO A MIN SO JUST EXPECTING LOTS OF

CLOUDS FOR MUCH OF THE WEEK UNDER THE CYCLONIC FLOW. TEMPS WILL

START OUT COLD MON AND GET COLDER BY MIDWEEK AS CAA CONTS. TOWARD

THE END OF THE WEEK IT LOOKS LIKE ALL AREAS WILL RECEIVE ITS FIRST

SNOW COVER IN THE FRI NGT/SAT TIME FRAME AS A DECENT WAA PATTERN

SETS UP AHEAD OF AN UPPER TROF LIFTING OUT TO THE NE FM THE GT

LAKES...A SCNDRY LOW MAY SPAWN ENHANCING THE SNOWS FOR A SHORT PD

SAT. A RETURN TO COLD AND DRY WX FOR LATE IN THE WEEKEND.

JUST BEYOND NEXT WEEKEND THINGS MAY GET VERY INTERESTING FOR ALL

THE SNOW LOVERS OUT THERE.

Railbed from PQI down to Houlton and out to Washburn then up to Van Buren will be good instantly on Tuesday, even with soft ground in the area.

I'll be there Wed/Thurs!

Vim Toot!

Things will be starting freeze up pretty well starting this week it looks to get very cold here...... :shiver:

Looks like GYX like the period after next weekend......... :snowman:

LONG TERM /MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY/...

ON MON OUR NRN/ERN AREAS OF THE FA WILL BE ON THE WRN FRINGES OF A

LARGE PCPN SHIELD ASSOC WITH AN INTENSE LO PASSING INTO THE

MARITIMES MON AND THEN THE CENTER MOVG ACROSS NRN ME MON NGT. A

FEW INCHES ARE PSBL ACROSS ERN MOST AREAS WITH THE HVIER SNW

STAYING WELL TO THE N OF OUR FA. AS THE SYSTEM GETS CAPTURED AND

BECOMES VERTICALLY STACKED MON NGT AND TUE OVER SERN CANADA SOME

DECENT SNW SQUALLS ARE EXPECTED IN THE MTNS...ELSWHR DOWNSLOPING

WINDS WILL KEEP ANY SNW SHWRS TO A MIN SO JUST EXPECTING LOTS OF

CLOUDS FOR MUCH OF THE WEEK UNDER THE CYCLONIC FLOW. TEMPS WILL

START OUT COLD MON AND GET COLDER BY MIDWEEK AS CAA CONTS. TOWARD

THE END OF THE WEEK IT LOOKS LIKE ALL AREAS WILL RECEIVE ITS FIRST

SNOW COVER IN THE FRI NGT/SAT TIME FRAME AS A DECENT WAA PATTERN

SETS UP AHEAD OF AN UPPER TROF LIFTING OUT TO THE NE FM THE GT

LAKES...A SCNDRY LOW MAY SPAWN ENHANCING THE SNOWS FOR A SHORT PD

SAT. A RETURN TO COLD AND DRY WX FOR LATE IN THE WEEKEND.

JUST BEYOND NEXT WEEKEND THINGS MAY GET VERY INTERESTING FOR ALL

THE SNOW LOVERS OUT THERE.

Yup.

5dayfcst_wbg.gif

Vim Toot!

Actually it's the system after this that has the potential to wipe all of New England off the map. lol

06zgfs850mbTSLPp12204.gif

Would like to se something like this a couple of days after a storm on Saturday.

Yes, Next weekend is more of a SWFE, Its the one the beginning of the week after thats has big potential...... :thumbsup:

Crownwx fcst

snowaccumulation.gif

interesting storm for sure. A little further south and parts of Aroostook mix or go to rain. I'm hoping a few heavier bands head down my way.

This is a sick forecast for northern ME...

Tonight: Snow, mainly after 3am. Low around 24. West wind between 3 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Monday: Periods of snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. West wind between 13 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 16 inches possible.

Monday Night: Periods of snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 21. Southwest wind between 7 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tuesday: Snow showers likely, mainly before 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 24. South wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

This is a sick forecast for northern ME...

Tonight: Snow, mainly after 3am. Low around 24. West wind between 3 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Monday: Periods of snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. West wind between 13 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 16 inches possible.

Monday Night: Periods of snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 21. Southwest wind between 7 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tuesday: Snow showers likely, mainly before 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 24. South wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

They are going to get shanked............ :snowman:

Sitting here watching the radar across new brunswick and just drooling over the progs for the northern half of Maine for today. Talk about getting pounded. New 00z ECMWF confirms.

whats pretty scary, and is pure fantasy but the euro was also showing like 6-7 inches of rain over maine at the end of the run, on top of that snow pack would be unbelievable flooding

Hi Ya'll, commin to ya from southwest Nova scotia ! Pressure at this hour is down to 977 mb and falling rapidly, we have had heavy cement like snow mixed with some rain and the wind is insane !! Worst wind i've seen in several years, think I will lose power here shortly, already had 2 flickers :thumbsdown:

Archived