Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The SNE OBS Thread

ski MRG

26f beautiful. Night

Agreed, 20/13 here. Good chance for the first single digits of the season here this week. One positive having this cold in here before the snow is it's firmed up our muddy site and it will be good to lock some frost in under a heavy blanket of snow. I've been thinking about getting some sort of soil temp thermometer as I'm curious about how constant the temp is once the snowpack is established. I think Dendrite is the only one here that has mentioned keeping track of soil temps. Probably doesn't mean all that much but I'm curious.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn - I try to join the fun and I piss off the locals. :arrowhead:

FWIW. I know what MRG really is, and Magic too. I used to be able to ski that kind of stuff, but now that I'm too old and out of shape, all i can do is ski steep groomers and make fun of people who can ski everything else.

Oh this year that is so me. Laying a bit low until I get my game back or my back back. Trees have been out for three years, moguls are out this year, powder anyway anytime though.

Damn - I try to join the fun and I piss off the locals. :arrowhead:

FWIW. I know what MRG really is, and Magic too. I used to be able to ski that kind of stuff, but now that I'm too old and out of shape, all i can do is ski steep groomers and make fun of people who can ski everything else.

No worries NECT, nobody knows your style that's all. Now that we know you're joking around it changes things. For instance, now I won't feel so bad when I see the r/s line creep North of your valley as so often happens. J/K

BTW, you're never too old, the season is young, you have kids that ski, get out there and have fun with them and get yourself whipped into shape and shred.

No worries NECT, nobody knows your style that's all. Now that we know you're joking around it changes things. For instance, now I won't feel so bad when I see the r/s line creep North of your valley as so often happens. J/K

BTW, you're never too old, the season is young, you have kids that ski, get out there and have fun with them and get yourself whipped into shape and shred.

He does live in a good spot in NECT. Beautiful area too, not quite Gods country but close.

Every time I see that pic I wonder were the hill is. LOL

Glad you said it not me.lol Think the same thing. A gentle inclined plane. Just got a call from my friends driving home from Alyeska after a big Pow day. I'm really extremely jealous, The big A now has received over 13 feet so far this season. Also called my cousins in Buffalo.They actually live in Depew and have picked up 42" so far with more on the way. It's funny because they really don't even register it as noteworthy, more of a nuisance. Best qoute of the conversation, " It's not like we got 10 feet or something like that." Go Bills.

well i had the shot to do so today but declined.

was thinking of doing a LES chase/ride but that is about 7 hours......if event falls on weekend and they are talkng 4 feet or so i will flash the green light

BUT THE BULK OF ANY PRECIPITATION SHOULD STAY TO OUR EAST AND NORTH.

LATER MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY...WITH THE LOW SETTLED INTO

QUEBEC...THERE MAY BE WIDELY SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS/FLURRIES NORTH

OF THE MASS PIKE ESPECIALLY IN THE HILLS.

:weight_lift: flurries ftw

BUT THE BULK OF ANY PRECIPITATION SHOULD STAY TO OUR EAST AND NORTH.

LATER MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY...WITH THE LOW SETTLED INTO

QUEBEC...THERE MAY BE WIDELY SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS/FLURRIES NORTH

OF THE MASS PIKE ESPECIALLY IN THE HILLS.

:weight_lift: flurries ftw

wa wa wachusett monday nite ..i will be there flurry watches hoisted early tomm am.

all i want is a nice snow storm to track with cold air.....no need for exotic set ups...just a nice 7-10 SW flow event sounds nice.

A little off topic. What was the ENSO state and mean jet flow for Dec. '89? As I sat in my deer stand yesterday, I noticed ice was still in the kettle holes. Very unusual for KACK. I remember we had about 20 days of pond skating in Dec.'89(record cold) and then record warm for Jan. '90. Would that be a good analog for this year?

32f here right now.

A little off topic. What was the ENSO state and mean jet flow for Dec. '89? As I sat in my deer stand yesterday, I noticed ice was still in the kettle holes. Very unusual for KACK. I remember we had about 20 days of pond skating in Dec.'89(record cold) and then record warm for Jan. '90. Would that be a good analog for this year?

32f here right now.

That was a La Nina with huge trough carved out in the east. That year was thrown around as an analog, but the state of the Atlantic and Pacific were different back then, so I'm not sure if that analog applies here. Perhaps it could work out like that...we just don't know, but I'm not sure if that's a good one to use.

That was a La Nina with huge trough carved out in the east. That year was thrown around as an analog, but the state of the Atlantic and Pacific were different back then, so I'm not sure if that analog applies here. Perhaps it could work out like that...we just don't know, but I'm not sure if that's a good one to use.

Thanks for the reply. Keeping ice on the small ponds(puddles)out here is a feat for this time of year. Just couldn't remember another year(besides '89/90)that had such a similar set-up.

Cheers, Blair.

Archived