• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Smoke

wxeyeNH

I noticed fires burning in Southern Ontario a couple of days ago and it looks to me that smoke is now advecting in to New England on the NW flow. I don't see any meantion of itin the AFD's but here in Central NH right now the visability is definately reduced. Unlike last year I can't smell anything. Here's 8am vis picture. Heaviest smoke to move into SNE then a break but more looks to come in later today from the NW.

post-268-0-56655700-1311076567.jpg

Did anyone notice the sun last night? It was a remarkable sunset, nice pinkish/red.. I'm wondering if that had to do with the smoke?

Also what will the smoke do to the heat? reduce it?

Def a reddish tint out there

Smoke is clearing out of N/C NH and moving into Mass. Next batch in Ontario will move into SW New England and the NYC area later today. Because I am fortunate to have a 50 mile view it is really interesting to see these things change hourly. Those of you without the long views really have a harder time noticing the differences in the atmosphere. In any event my visability has gone back up from 3-4 miles to over 20 miles now.

Smoke is clearing out of N/C NH and moving into Mass. Next batch in Ontario will move into SW New England and the NYC area later today. Because I am fortunate to have a 50 mile view it is really interesting to see these things change hourly. Those of you without the long views really have a harder time noticing the differences in the atmosphere. In any event my visability has gone back up from 3-4 miles to over 20 miles now.

Yeah, the only way I can usually see this happen is either during dawn or sunset or when I go up my street a little and look towards Mt. Monadnock, Might not even be visible today with the regular humid haze

Are you sneaking over to the conference?

How is Towson doing?

Everything is great... my legs are just sore as he'll. I am in a joke computer science class right now doing absolutely nothing for three hours.

I will am 99% sure I will be at the conference Friday. Look forward to meeting the 70% of you I have yet to meet.

The same thing happened here.. can def tell the sun is shining brighter.. post when you think more smoke is coming in

I noticed fires burning in Southern Ontario a couple of days ago and it looks to me that smoke is now advecting in to New England on the NW flow. I don't see any mention of it in the AFD's but here in Central NH right now the visibility is definitely reduced. Unlike last year I can't smell anything. Here's 8am vis picture. Heaviest smoke to move into SNE then a break but more looks to come in later today from the NW.

Roger Hill spoke about the smoke this morning in his first broadcast; he said to expect the reduced visibility/haze and the colored sunrise/sunset effects, but that since this smoke was much higher in the atmosphere than what was around last summer, we probably won't be smelling it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived