joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Its cold enough when do we snow?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wife liked it, oh the other one , very fine I paced my self over a 6 hour period maybe 6 beers and ate. NBD Got home to an awesome Macaroni Meatball dinner then watched Santa Paws with the wife.

Nice, classic winter day out there, fire is kicking inside since 7, now its time to get the pit rippin'

May not be dreamin'. Good possibility, I'd reckon. :guitar:

I know, still outside the envelope to get lathered up about though. I do feel we're heading into the first really snowy period of the Winter. My cousins in Buffalo sent me some awesome pics which have made me very jealous. Now about to top 48".

I know, still outside the envelope to get lathered up about though. I do feel we're heading into the first really snowy period of the Winter. My cousins in Buffalo sent me some awesome pics which have made me very jealous. Now about to top 48".

It's been modeled for so long that I've been fully lathered for a few days. It's coming, no matter what Debbie Downer says.

Ruh Roh from HPC:

00Z ECMWF THAN TAKES ANOTHER DIGGING

SHORTWAVE SOUTHWARD THRU CENTRAL CANADA AND PHASES IT INTO THE OH

VALLEY CLOSED LOW LATE DAY 7 AND DAY 8 CREATING A HYPER STORM WITH

CONCURRENCE BY DGEX. THIS EXTREME SOLUTION IS SIMILAR TO THE GREAT

STORM OF 25-26 NOV 1950. WHAT IS DISCONCERTING IS THAT CPC D+8 TO

D+11 ANALOGS HAVENDICATED A SYNOPTIC PATTERN MATCHING THOSE

DATES FOR WEEKS INCLUDING TODAYS. THAT WAS ALSO A LA NINA YEAR

WITH A STRONG NEGATIVE NAO. DUE TO DECREASING MODEL VERIFICATION

AT THAT TIME WITH A SUDDEN CONTINUITY CHANGE IT IS PRUDENT TO STAY

AWAY FOR THIS TYPE OF SOLUTION AT LEAST FOR NOW. WHAT IS AGREED

UPON IS THE OVERALL PATTERN OF A RETURN OF WRN CONUS/ROCKY MTN

RIDGING AND A DEEP ERN CONUS TROF.

Report on this storm:

November 24–25, 1950

The Great Appalachian Storm

A storm rapidly deepened as it tracked inland along the eastern slopes of the Appalachians. A wind gust of 83 mph was recorded at Albany, N.Y., the strongest ever, with sustained winds of 50 to 60 mph. Many trees and power lines were blown down across the region, and wind damage was extensive in New York State.

It also dropped 63 inches of snow in WV and has winds gusting to 110 at Concord NH.

It's been modeled for so long that I've been fully lathered for a few days. It's coming, no matter what Debbie Downer says.

Who has that official moniker now? I know MPM was vying for the title but he has stumbled several times with bouts of optimism. Etaunton has been a good candidate but even he has shown a few flashes of weenieism.

Ruh Roh from HPC:

00Z ECMWF THAN TAKES ANOTHER DIGGING

SHORTWAVE SOUTHWARD THRU CENTRAL CANADA AND PHASES IT INTO THE OH

VALLEY CLOSED LOW LATE DAY 7 AND DAY 8 CREATING A HYPER STORM WITH

CONCURRENCE BY DGEX. THIS EXTREME SOLUTION IS SIMILAR TO THE GREAT

STORM OF 25-26 NOV 1950. WHAT IS DISCONCERTING IS THAT CPC D+8 TO

D+11 ANALOGS HAVENDICATED A SYNOPTIC PATTERN MATCHING THOSE

DATES FOR WEEKS INCLUDING TODAYS. THAT WAS ALSO A LA NINA YEAR

WITH A STRONG NEGATIVE NAO. DUE TO DECREASING MODEL VERIFICATION

AT THAT TIME WITH A SUDDEN CONTINUITY CHANGE IT IS PRUDENT TO STAY

AWAY FOR THIS TYPE OF SOLUTION AT LEAST FOR NOW. WHAT IS AGREED

UPON IS THE OVERALL PATTERN OF A RETURN OF WRN CONUS/ROCKY MTN

RIDGING AND A DEEP ERN CONUS TROF.

Report on this storm:

November 24–25, 1950

The Great Appalachian Storm

A storm rapidly deepened as it tracked inland along the eastern slopes of the Appalachians. A wind gust of 83 mph was recorded at Albany, N.Y., the strongest ever, with sustained winds of 50 to 60 mph. Many trees and power lines were blown down across the region, and wind damage was extensive in New York State.

It also dropped 63 inches of snow in WV and has winds gusting to 110 at Concord NH.

Ahhh the deadly EURO/Dgex combo. Form a single file line at the West side of the bridge please.

hopefully the GFS is on to something.

I hope so too. I'm a little wary though for the big dog. Right now I feel pretty confident about next weekends clipper prospects. I can definitely see the follow-up system cutting inland like the Euro shows. The key to that will be having this upcoming weekends clipper system set up as a 50/50 low and having the PV set orientation correct.

I hope so too. I'm a little wary though for the big dog. Right now I feel pretty confident about next weekends clipper prospects. I can definitely see the follow-up system cutting inland like the Euro shows. The key to that will be having this upcoming weekends clipper system set up as a 50/50 low and having the PV set orientation correct.

Exactly, The GFS shows a better 50/50 setup than the euro resulting in the offshore solution. I guess we need that 1st clipper to be stronger as it exits to the northeast.

After catching up and reviewing more of the guidance from 00z last night, there definitely looks to be a strong signal for a larger system around Dec 13. There's a lot of interesting features, and many of them have the caveat of assuming models are correct with these features....using the Euro ensembles as the safest play, here's what we got:

1. The -NAO block is really an Iceland/UK block coming up for that time frame. This will not have the same suppressing effect as a west based -NAO block in the Davis Straight or Baffin Island. So a north or west trend can come easier in this setup.

2. We actually try and pop a western ridge at this time, so that will offset the more easterly -NAO at least somewhat. It will promote troughing in the east rather than a big SE ridge.

3. Clipper uncertainty before that. The clipper system that approaches the region on Dec 11th will have some sort of impact. Some guidance like the GFS are trying to redevelop it into a quick hitting, late blooming Miller B. A bit of a stronger solution like that would make an inland cutter on the next system less likely. Euro does try to redevelop it too but a bit later and not as impressive. Given that the clipper itself is still in the D5-6 time range, plenty of details to be worked out on that end alone.

After catching up and reviewing more of the guidance from 00z last night, there definitely looks to be a strong signal for a larger system around Dec 13.

Solid. Even moneypit has to be getting interested after reading these words. Lots of time for things to go haywire but I like the fact it's been on the charts for weeks (seemingly).

Solid. Even moneypit has to be getting interested after reading these words. Lots of time for things to go haywire but I like the fact it's been on the charts for weeks (seemingly).

Your area especially has a better shot at the clipper, but I think Will is right with the tendency for perhaps a bit of a se shift. It's the next storm that's a bit of a conundrum, but like he said..get the first storm stronger, and we have a better shot. I think a cstl hugger type storm is very possible (of course I hope not..lol).

Your area especially has a better shot at the clipper, but I think Will is right with the tendency for perhaps a bit of a se shift. It's the next storm that's a bit of a conundrum, but like he said..get the first storm stronger, and we have a better shot. I think a cstl hugger type storm is very possible (of course I hope not..lol).

At this point I'm just glad we have a viable threat to track that is inside Mike's 10-day window.

12z GFS looks good for the Clipper, late week.

Blows up a nice little area of precip...but strong S to SE flow in the BL would change coastal locations to rain. It actually tries to get near 50F on LI and outer Cape Cod eventually while the interior is below freezing. Lots of time though to work out nuances. There's probably going to be a lot fo different variations on the clipper alone between now and Thursday, let alone the larger event.

Blows up a nice little area of precip...but strong S to SE flow in the BL would change coastal locations to rain. It actually tries to get near 50F on LI and outer Cape Cod eventually while the interior is below freezing. Lots of time though to work out nuances. There's probably going to be a lot fo different variations on the clipper alone between now and Thursday, let alone the larger event.

It's a nice interior snow storm. Looks like the Mahoosucs of ME are the jackpot.

Would be a very cold rain on the CP given the 850's being -1 to -2C.

That's a decent event for the interior. Look how quick it blows through though...in and out in like 8 hrs!

Archived