SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Its cold enough when do we snow?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Todays 12 Z GFS used in a broad view details the relaxation of the the block with a much more favorable typical cold air source with SW's approaching. Seven to eight days out is a long time but all guidance is suggesting the period will have several opportunities for precipitation either an overrunning type or an orgazized system. Cold air exists in abundance so the antecedant air mass should allow for at least some snow in most of the SNE area.

Good juju in this thread.

Happy to see decent below norm temps for a change... now arrange for precip, stalling, bombo...

Most encouraged I've been in a month. lol

Dave/Steve, are you guys coming to worcester today?

Raw day today. 30/718, wnw up to 15mph. Davis says "snow likely within 12 hours". It must have been programmed by Kevin. :)

Most encouraged I've been in a month. lol

Dave/Steve, are you guys coming to worcester today?

Raw day today. 30/718, wnw up to 15mph. Davis says "snow likely within 12 hours". It must have been programmed by Kevin. :)

Ginxy is probably already there... I can't make it (have known this for about a year :thumbsdown: )

Enjoy the libations/weenie tugging

Todays 12 Z GFS used in a broad view details the relaxation of the the block with a much more favorable typical cold air source with SW's approaching. Seven to eight days out is a long time but all guidance is suggesting the period will have several opportunities for precipitation either an overrunning type or an orgazized system. Cold air exists in abundance so the antecedant air mass should allow for at least some snow in most of the SNE area.

Strongly agree. Just need the -Nao in the sweet spot and that spot maybe pretty small this year. If the block is to far west (like now) you guys get the finger and I get a drink from the Atlantic fire hose. To far east and we run the risk of the cutters returning. Still think I'd take my chances with the latter. Kinda east based but not to much. West based is good but you have to get a storm in quick before the cold air is mixed out due to the influx of marine air. As of now it's been sitting too long. Need it to relax, which it should as you noted.

18z NAM develops another lobe of 500mb vorticity over NC at hour 72, but with the positioning of the trough and everything else this looks to go by to the east. However it could turn the flow to the N or NNW for awhile with 850mb temperatures below -10C this could give Cape COd, MA some OES flurries and clouds on Tuesday into Wednesday as the surface low over Quebec fills and weakens pulling northward.

Archived