Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Its cold enough when do we snow?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you say a blocking pattern with a shortwave amplifying into it is a bad pattern for snow?

Obviously the solution verbatim on the model sucks...but the pattern is fine.

I think that is semantics....all that matters is this next week or two of wx sucks.

I understand that we've been shoveling for months at H5, but.....

I think that is semantics....all that matters is this next week or two of wx sucks.

I understand that we've been shoveling for months at H5, but.....

He was referring to the 264-276h solution...which showed a decent pattern, but verbatim it was too warm by like 50 miles or something. :lol:

He specifically said the pattern sucked...not just the solution.

This is a classic 1980's winter pattern......cold-dry, cutter, cold-dry, rinse and repeat....

Seems like we entered this rinse and repeat pattern back in early-mid November...cold/dry followed by a rainstorm, then cold/dry ... and so on. I leave the 23rd of January, so I'm hoping to see at least one warning (6"+) event before my departure.

EDIT: I guess I can take solace in the fact that we are in this awful pattern because I really cannot be distracted with final papers and final exams the next 12 days. 4 finals...a 10 pager for Hitchcock class....a 15 pager for Shakespeare class. axesmiley.png I'm going to have a fun filled weekend.

Wouldn't it be more ideal if that block was situated a bit further north than where it's currently positioned?

Sure, it would be nice, but that is a permutation that is totally unpredictable at this time range...all we know is that there is likely to be decent blocking which keeps us from torching due to the growingly unfavorable PAC. Its a -PNA/-NAO pattern which should give us chances.

What we don't want is the -NAO to break down like it is during the latter half of this week, which is partly what sets the table for Sunday night's system to come further north and west...a decent NAO block would have saved us from that.

He was referring to the 264-276h solution...which showed a decent pattern, but verbatim it was too warm by like 50 miles or something. :lol:

He specifically said the pattern sucked...not just the solution.

He's just frustrated....I think we all know that in the Will Shwartz KU cook book, a block and SW sandwich is a delicacy, however it's apparent in this particular year it's done nothing but serve as the impetus for us enduring an episode of diarrhea so explosive that it's probably serving to reinforce those sinister blocks.

I'm just absolutely positive that there will be nothing inside of clown range that won't make me want to throw my lap top threw someone's car windshield....so why subject someone to that.....

It is indeed frustrating. Imagine doing this for a living, being so fundamentally sound as to what you know, and what to expect, yet helpless as you look at unfathomable solution after unfathomable solution...........the madness.

I just want a few snowbanks for the kids to play in, a coke slushy full of dendritical deliciousness perhaps. Last new years eve was so special. 32 not a breath of wind and perfect dendrites falling, not too many just enough to illuminate the flood light.

Im not asking for a miracle, just a coating, thats all. Hopefully Friday gives us all that...........

Sure, it would be nice, but that is a permutation that is totally unpredictable at this time range...all we know is that there is likely to be decent blocking which keeps us from torching due to the growingly unfavorable PAC. Its a -PNA/-NAO pattern which should give us chances.

What we don't want is the -NAO to break down like it is during the latter half of this week, which is partly what sets the table for Sunday night's system to come further north and west...a decent NAO block would have saved us from that.

As long as we can continue to stay within this -NAO/-PNA pattern I would think we eventually should deliver something but I kind of thought we would have actually seen something minor at least by the 15th and that really isn't looking likely.

That's why I'm a little worried/frustrated, not knowing how long we will be able to maintain this great -NAO block b/c if it does eventually start to break down we are cooked...although hopefully we could at least get some decent SWFE's.

It also blows how the -NAO block is deciding to finally relax this weekend right when we need it most...why is this happening?

As long as we can continue to stay within this -NAO/-PNA pattern I would think we eventually should deliver something but I kind of thought we would have actually seen something minor at least by the 15th and that really isn't looking likely.

That's why I'm a little worried/frustrated, not knowing how long we will be able to maintain this great -NAO block b/c if it does eventually start to break down we are cooked...although hopefully we could at least get some decent SWFE's.

It also blows how the -NAO block is deciding to finally relax this weekend right when we need it most...why is this happening?

Because Cincinnati and Indianapolis really need their second snowstorm in a week.

2010 has stunk...

Had the NYD storm (at home) - about 10" can't remember exactly

MLK storm right before I left for school - about 4-5"

At school...

That February debacle that promised to deliver 15-20" the night before...wound up with 3"

Then nothing over an inch for the rest of the winter.

I think the last time I saw over 2" at one time was that early February debacle (2/7 or 2/10?) Horrible.

Who cares; it's meaningless because the primary shoots up to Syracuse before it redevelopes along the mid atl coast......same diff.

If there' s something to take comfort in, I think it's that even the usually steadfast EC has been showing some inconsistent solutions. So, it's been said that "this has had inland runner/lakes cutter written all over it for days". And perhaps that statement in general is strue. Given the fluctuations, it appears there are some minor players in the mix that are not being handled well. It may not mean much in the end, but there's a strong system nearby with some things that still need ironning out.

So who cares? I do, for one.

20.8/10, peak gust of 28 recorded just now.

It is indeed frustrating. Imagine doing this for a living, being so fundamentally sound as to what you know, and what to expect, yet helpless as you look at unfathomable solution after unfathomable solution...........the madness.

I just want a few snowbanks for the kids to play in, a coke slushy full of dendritical deliciousness perhaps. Last new years eve was so special. 32 not a breath of wind and perfect dendrites falling, not too many just enough to illuminate the flood light.

Im not asking for a miracle, just a coating, thats all. Hopefully Friday gives us all that...........

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

If there' s something to take comfort in, I think it's that even the usually steadfast EC has been showing some inconsistent solutions. So, it's been said that "this has had inland runner/lakes cutter written all over it for days". And perhaps that statement in general is strue. Given the fluctuations, it appears there are some minor players in the mix that are not being handled well. It may not mean much in the end, but there's a strong system nearby with some things that still need ironning out.

So who cares? I do, for one.

20.8/10, peak gust of 28 recorded just now.

The "Who cares" is a rhetorical query.......I don't need every weenie between here and Butte, Montana to enlighten me. :lol:

Those "fluctuations" won't mean a thing to 99% of us.

Archived