IrishRob17

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6.8" here in Harriman.

6.0" here. Was hoping for a little more but I now have a snowpack of 12-14" from three different storms, so I like that alot :snowman: Like I said before, I'd take 4 snowfalls like this over 24" at one shot any year. Hopefully this time next week we'll get another one like this was and last Friday.

Somewhere under this are my kids cars. That was taken around 7:15 this morning. Still coming down pretty good. We are under a state of emergency here-saw my first plow about 5 mins ago and I've been up since 6. Still coming down-not really heavy-but it's steady. I figure we've got close to 10 inches out there.

A State of Emergency for 10"? Wow. Thanks for the photos.

Closing in on 12 inches here based on my snow board measurement and multiple other measurements around the area.. This definitely over-performed.. Still snowing lightly.

About 14 inches on the ground now.

Good for you Radders!

Yeah, that mega band over western dutchess helped me out, but I didn't get the cigar!! Danbury and surrounding area cashed in AGAIN! They are making up for the screw zone they were in las winter for sure.

My aunt lives in Wolcott, CT and she made out rather well too. Ilove how it's going to stay cold now so we won't get much of any melting. Then we'll see if we can sqeeze anything out of the clipper and then next week. This is the kind of winter I like, as do many of you I presume.

My numbers seem to jive pretty well with other spots in the Taconic/684/22 corridor except the guy in Somers. He's been about two or three inches high all three times this year. Wow, did you guys check out that list from Upton? From New Fairfield down through Ridgefield were all over 20"!

That area has been jackpot all winter..

Southbury/Newtown etc.. have had an awesome January..

Closing in on 7 inches here....long duration of mainly light snow (occasionally moderate) has added up to a respectable number. Steady snow moved back in here lately ...maybe southwest rotating around the low circulation.

So another ENY scraper and NE bomb....

9.5" for the event. The steady light snow that has been falling finally down to flurries now with the sun dimly shining through the clouds.

Any reports from the Berkshires? I used to live in Williamstown and am thinking that corridor may have taken the grand prize for the storm.

... Berkshire County...

Savoy 34.5 523 PM 1/12 weathernet6

Florida 33.0 400 PM 1/12 wten-TV

Windsor 29.0 400 PM 1/12 wten-TV

Becket 28.0 400 PM 1/12 wten-TV

North Adams 26.0 400 PM 1/12 wten-TV

Washington 25.0 400 PM 1/12 wten-TV

Adams 24.5 400 PM 1/12 wten-TV

Cheshire 24.0 400 PM 1/12

Dalton 24.0 400 PM 1/12 wten-TV

Clarksburg 23.5 546 PM 1/12 weathernet6

Pittsfield 23.0 453 PM 1/12 weathernet6

Great Barrington 23.0 400 PM 1/12 wten-TV

Stockbridge 21.0 517 PM 1/12 trained spotter

Lee 18.0 400 PM 1/12 wten-TV

Lanesborough 18.0 504 PM 1/12 weathernet6

Old news, but my final here was 8.7". Another moderate sized event here, however they add up and 37" for the season so can't say it has been snowless.

And yes the Berkshires got crushed... Savoy at 41" seems to be the jackpot. As Andy noted in the other thread, the NWS ALB is heading to that area tomorrow to confirm for a possible 24 hour record.

Any reports from the Berkshires? I used to live in Williamstown and am thinking that corridor may have taken the grand prize for the storm.

Archived