joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jonesing for a Chase

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-19-0-84058400-1313654772.jpg

zzzzzzzz dude. But it will come. Secretly I'm a fan of TCs...but I just do not post that much because of the inundation of other posts in each invest threat. This one may be a legit thread, but right now I am skeptical. The good news is that the N hemispheric pattern on the Euro ensembles will favor U.S. landfall over the next 2-3 weeks. But take it for what its worth.

zzzzzzzz dude. But it will come. Secretly I'm a fan of TCs...but I just do not post that much because of the inundation of other posts in each invest thread. This one may be a legit thread, but right now I am skeptical. The good news is that the N hemispheric pattern on the Euro ensembles will favor U.S. landfall over the next 2-3 weeks. But take it for what its worth.

Do you agree with me that the first serious threat of a landfall will be in September? I've been saying that all along. It's foolish that so many people have been antsy anyway.... the peak of the hurricane season runs from the third week of August thru the third week of September, so we haven't officially even entered that time frame yet.

Do you agree with me that the first serious threat of a landfall will be in September? I've been saying that all along. It's foolish that so many people have been antsy anyway.... the peak of the hurricane season runs from the third week of August thru the third week of September, so we haven't officially even entered that time frame yet.

It's like this every year. The first TC will develop and if it's a TS people freak out and start canceling the season. It's insanity.

There could def be landfall before that late this month in the south...but for us in the NE...we are a pipe dream until September based on the pattern. But I'd favor the south pretty late in August, not within the next 7 days.

It's like this every year. The first TC will develop and if it's a TS people freak out and start canceling the season. It's insanity.

It depends on who you listen to...its like this in winter too for the snow freaks like me. We have people hanging themselves in December over one storm when the winter is just getting underway. I do not think anyone thinks this tropical season will be a total dud based on most objective analysis. We will get storms. But there is also no reason to try and manifest storms out of a lost cause either.

Nah, I would never troll Josh in a manner that is disguised....He'd know it if I was trolling him...I was being genuine.

Ha ha ha, you were trolling me. :D

Re: chase prospects... I am feeling better now with what looks like a pattern change. Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be USA for me. MX and BZ are cool, too. I just need the cyclones to get further W and further S.

It is insanity, and we don't have to trouble ourselves with that in this thread, which is specifically about chasing. :)

Seasonal pattern stuff is for the main Atlantic thread. ;)

Ha ha ha, you were trolling me. :D

Re: chase prospects... I am feeling better now with what looks like a pattern change. Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be USA for me. MX and BZ are cool, too. I just need the cyclones to get further W and further S.

I swear I was not!!! It might have sounded like it, but I wasn't...I will admit the "zzzzzz" part was a bit of fun trolling, but the actual purpose of the post was not, lol. I honestly did not see much potential until later this month...but I could be wrong. These things are fickle when talking about potential.

It is insanity, and we don't have to trouble ourselves with that in this thread, which is specifically about chasing. :)

Seasonal pattern stuff is for the main Atlantic thread. ;)

You remember when we were talking about how you tropical guys were going to take over the main forum and how well behaved you guys were and how it was good to have the whole place to yourselves? Well, all I can say is "naughty naughty" haha. With the exception of you and a select couple of others, there's been as much impatience around here as there is among the snow weenies watching 384 hr GFS threads :P

I swear I was not!!! It might have sounded like it, but I wasn't...I will admit the "zzzzzz" part was a bit of fun trolling, but the actual purpose of the post was not, lol. I honestly did not see much potential until later this month...but I could be wrong. These things are fickle when talking about potential.

Lol it's actually nice not seeing you serious all the time. Even in the Yankee threads. ;)

Who knows? I'm optimistic Re: this E Atlantic disturbance-- a threat which would materialize later this month for the mainland. Fingers crossed-- I'm just itching to get out there and chase. I've got the itch big time.

You remember when we were talking about how you tropical guys were going to take over the main forum and how well behaved you guys were and how it was good to have the whole place to yourselves? Well, all I can say is "naughty naughty" haha. With the exception of you and a select couple of others, there's been as much impatience around here as there is among the snow weenies watching 384 hr GFS threads :P

Josh will hate me for this, but the tropical weenieism is just as bad as the winter storm stuff (ice ***** as he would call us, lol)....but there are just fewer posters...but the actual content is just as bad from those weenies.

Who knows? I'm optimistic Re: this E Atlantic disturbance-- a threat which would materialize later this month for the mainland. Fingers crossed-- I'm just itching to get out there and chase. I've got the itch big time.

You will get your chance, I guarantee it because this pattern screams US landfall through early Sept....I am being 100% serious here..I just was skeptical about any stuff recently, but I certaintly could be wrong. But I think you have a lot of reasons to be optimistic...the overall pattern with a trough in the GL and trying to go into NE on the Euro ensembles screams U.S. landfalls...its not a flat pattern or an extreme pattern that causes recurves too much unless the trough gets too far east.

Josh will hate me for this, but the tropical weenieism is just as bad as the winter storm stuff (ice ***** as he would call us, lol)....but there are just fewer posters...but the actual content is just as bad from those weenies.

:P

I don't about all that stuff here in this thread. This is kind of a sanctuary-- to get away from all that and just talk about chase prospects and techniques-- a topic which I find much more pleasant. :)

You will get your chance, I guarantee it because this pattern screams US landfall through early Sept....I am being 100% serious here..I just was skeptical about any stuff recently, but I certaintly could be wrong. But I think you have a lot of reasons to be optimistic...the overall pattern with a trough in the GL and trying to go into NE on the Euro ensembles screams U.S. landfalls...its not a flat pattern or an extreme pattern that causes recurves too much unless the trough gets too far east.

What I really want to see is some powerful ridging across the NATL and even the mainland, to keep the cyclones moving W across the Caribbean. Those are really the best specimens.

What I really want to see is some powerful ridging across the NATL and even the mainland, to keep the cyclones moving W across the Caribbean. Those are really the best specimens.

I think you'll have your chances coming up. I might be wrong in this latest invest...and I will be the first to admit it. But I think the chances will come after this one.

Im sure Kush will disagree with that haha. But Josh and Kush and a few of the others like Srain are the mature tropical posters, and you and LEK too of course. I actually miss these late night threads we do once in awhile-- it always seems to be much more educational and pleasant at night.

Im sure Kush will disagree with that haha. But Josh and Kush and a few of the others like Srain are the mature tropical posters, and you and LEK too of course. I actually miss these late night threads we do once in awhile-- it always seems to be much more educational and pleasant at night.

Any tropical slut with disagree with me on that, lol. But it doesn't matter too much...this thread is nice because its solely focused on chase potential, and not the hype that goes with any storm. We can focus on where landfall might occur which is my secret fetish...I have no interest in an annular storm that weakens 4 notches before it hits anyone.

Archived