• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jonesing for a Chase

Well... I said I was done for the season after Jova. And I sincerely meant it at the time.

But... c'mon. It's hard to ignore a forecast for a hurricane on the Yucatan in October. That combo of words-- hurricane, Yucatan, October-- is just a little too hawt to ignore. So I ain't ignorin' it.

I guess the crack pipe is still lit.

:sun:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... I said I was done for the season after Jova. And I sincerely meant it at the time.

But... c'mon. It's hard to ignore a forecast for a hurricane on the Yucatan in October. That combo of words-- hurricane, Yucatan, October-- is just a little too hawt to ignore. So I ain't ignorin' it.

I guess the crack pipe is still lit.

:sun:

Nice! Maybe you can rent a small boat in Belize and follow her around the NW Carribean in case she drifts aimlessly for a few days as per the 00z GFS! :thumbsup:

Nice! Maybe you can rent a small boat in Belize and follow her around the NW Carribean in case she drifts aimlessly for a few days as per the 00z GFS! :thumbsup:

It's evil of you to even suggest such a miserable scenario. :D

Well, now that Rina is a hurricane...?.?.....???

Well... It's looking interesting, for sure. The track is the big question now. The forecast has it skimming the E coast of the Yucatan. I am sure it will trend one way or the other over the next 24 hr. If it trends left, I'll go for it; if it trends right, I'll sit it out.

Given the current modeling... the predicted tracks don't suggest the best chase opportunity, given the approach towards the Yucatan and subsequent recurvature.... this looks like one of those decisions that will have to be made last minute if it's going to happen at all, considering the uncertainty.

Given the current modeling... the predicted tracks don't suggest the best chase opportunity, given the approach towards the Yucatan and subsequent recurvature.... this looks like one of those decisions that will have to be made last minute if it's going to happen at all, considering the uncertainty.

Yep, exactly.

Rina looks like a bit of a cliffhanger. The current NHC track would be totally hawt, but there's no margin for error. 30 mi E of that and it's a complete bust.

My feeling is that the models (and NHC forecast) have to trend one way or the other over the next 24 hr-- which is about how much time I have to decide. So all I want is a clear trend either way: if it trends left, it's a go; if it trends right, it ain't.

Yep, exactly.

Rina looks like a bit of a cliffhanger. The current NHC track would be totally hawt, but there's no margin for error. 30 mi E of that and it's a complete bust.

My feeling is that the models (and NHC forecast) have to trend one way or the other over the next 24 hr-- which is about how much time I have to decide. So all I want is a clear trend either way: if it trends left, it's a go; if it trends right, it ain't.

Well... I of course hope for a NE, stronger trend (given my positioning in FL)... yet I would also hope for an awesome chase opportunity in the Yucatan for you if that isn't possible... my IMBY desires are a pipe dream at this point, but if you could get a great chase out of it, I'm rootin' for ya. tornado1.gif Anything in-between those two options would bum me out. :D

Well... I of course hope for a NE, stronger trend (given my positioning in FL)... yet I would also hope for an awesome chase opportunity in the Yucatan for you if that isn't possible... my IMBY desires are a pipe dream at this point, but if you could get a great chase out of it, I'm rootin' for ya. tornado1.gif Anything in-between those two options would bum me out. :D

Hey, a good 'cane in FL would suit all of us. That would be awesome.

I say go. Might get lucky and get a major landfalling on the Yucatan, and if you didn't go, you'd be kicking yourself.

If its a miss, virgin cocktails in coconut shells with little umbrellas on a hammock strung between palm trees, fresh catch of the day mojo de ajo style, then back to the Big City grind.

As soon as Josh sells his first i-Cyclone DVD, besides being eligible for an orange tag (whether he wants it or not), his airfare, hotels and meals become business expenses, no?

(Not an accountant).

slp8.png

Well... It's very tempting. If I go, I'm flying out late tonight. I just need to have more consultation with the trusted advisors after the 12Z models come out. :D

I'm a tad frightened Re: my business partner's reaction to another chase so soon after Jova. He's so supportive-- just a treasure-- but even he has his limits.

Well... It's very tempting. If I go, I'm flying out late tonight. I just need to have more consultation with the trusted advisors after the 12Z models come out. :D

I'm a tad frightened Re: my business partner's reaction to another chase so soon after Jova. He's so supportive-- just a treasure-- but even he has his limits.

Invite him along. Get him hooked.

Archived