• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jonesing for a Chase

The NHC's 120-hr forecast brings a full-blown hurricane (of at least 75 kt) into Miami Thursday evening.

Kind of interesting, although I don't expect it to verify. There are too many unknowns at this point: the center keeps relocating, the models haven't "stablized", the exact amount of land interaction is unknown, etc. This is still very up in the air, and I expect subsequent forecasts may shift a bit to the right and show landfall further up the coast (N FL, GA, SC).

Interestingly, flights from LAX to MIA are crazy cheap right now.

post-19-0-72774200-1313918827.gif

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember Dude option still on table if ya need a place to chase out of . Just give me a heads up and we'll go from there....

The NHC's 120-hr forecast brings a full-blown hurricane (of at least 75 kt) into Miami Thursday evening.

Kind of interesting, although I don't expect it to verify. There are too many unknowns at this point: the center keeps relocating, the models haven't "stablized", the exact amount of land interaction is unknown, etc. This is still very up in the air, and I expect subsequent forecasts may shift a bit to the right and show landfall further up the coast (N FL, GA, SC).

Interestingly, flights from LAX to MIA are crazy cheap right now.

post-19-0-72774200-1313918827.gif

For Josh -- my first guess (not that it matters since it may very well be off by a lot) if it misses Hispaniola would be here...probably have a solid 2 to chase at landfall...perhaps a 3 depending on how much grazing it does along the DR.

That's a good guess. SC is definitely feeling like a "warm spot" right now, as I think the NHC track will shift E.

That's a good guess. SC is definitely feeling like a "warm spot" right now, as I think the NHC track will shift E.

I might be a touch west but given the agreement on the global models yesterday Hilton Head looked like the best spot regarding landfall. Last night diverged but methinks SC is where this thing ends up...

I might be a touch west but given the agreement on the global models yesterday Hilton Head looked like the best spot regarding landfall. Last night diverged but methinks SC is where this thing ends up...

I think this chase will involve a lot of driving and adjusting. By the way, I started a thread just for my Irene chase, so please join the discussion!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glass one third full on a Matamoros to Tampico chase in about a week.

I hate it that the Texas drought will continue until every tree not on a watered property will be dead (bunches of dead trees around already), but if future Lee or Maria can outperform a little, I'll draw some comfort off of YouTube.

post-138-0-75128600-1314740302.gif

So are you planning to do an iCyclone-patented write-up of the Irene chase? I'm eager to hear the details about your experiences down in NC.

:wub:

You're very kind to ask. I was going to do a small one. :) Perhaps I'll write it on the plane-- I'm flying back to L.A. this afternoon.

P.S. I'm sorry I lashed out at your personal hurricane experiences yesterday. I think I've just been a bit frustrated with all these wimpycanes. :hug:

:wub:

You're very kind to ask. I was going to do a small one. :) Perhaps I'll write it on the plane-- I'm flying back to L.A. this afternoon.

P.S. I'm sorry I lashed out at your personal hurricane experiences yesterday. I think I've just been a bit frustrated with all these wimpycanes. :hug:

No worries. Trolling is always a proper response to trolling. I'm sure nothing I've seen comes close to what you guys got in NC.

If you don't do a write-up, I'm expecting a detailed report at our next lunch. In the meantime, I'll look forward to seeing the footage on the iCyclone DVD, which I'm sure is due out in the next month or so.

Archived