Newest Member
    SnowHabit
HEAT WAVE 6 now underway....probably will last 5 days

Deck Pic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a summer where the urban heat

islands are magnifying their own conditions.

Hence Newark at 108 degrees and DCA remaining tropically soupy all night.

These cities need more rooftop gardens.

I might agree, but how do you explain Altoona, PA airport recording 102/77 and 103/80 on consecutive days? It's at 1500' and surrounded by farmland.

Also, Lake Erie off Buffalo has tied the all-time record high temperature of 80. No urban heat island 30 feet below the surface of the lake. With a few weeks to go before the seasonal peak, if it stays hot 82 or 83 isn't out of the question.

This has just been a crazy hot and humid summer.

Also, Lake Erie off Buffalo has tied the all-time record high temperature of 80. No urban heat island 30 feet below the surface of the lake. With a few weeks to go before the seasonal peak, if it stays hot 82 or 83 isn't out of the question.

Epic lake-effect snow season upcoming?:guitar:

Looking more and more like Heatwave #5 may just continue on for at least another week. Today was the best chance for an "ill-timed" shower or a lot of cloud cover to keep us down, but 85 at 9am and sun does not signal staying in the 80s to me.

DCA might stay 90+, but BWI/IAD and certainly some of the burbs will probably have some sub-90 highs this week.

Visting from NH down here in Baltimore. Last few days have sure been hot. Looking forward to a nice line of storms this PM. Lots of sun this AM really heating up the DC/BWI area and nice line should sweep through later bringing in the lower dews for awhile. Just don't get many good T storms up north. I would bet a Severe Thunderstorm Watch will be issued later since more sun than expected is occuring now.

DCA might stay 90+, but BWI/IAD and certainly some of the burbs will probably have some sub-90 highs this week.

DCA's revenge for being the loser over the weekend. Wednesday does look like a challenge on the NAM, with 850s dropping to around 15°C. Wed could actually be a quite decent day.

9z LWX ARW seems to have initialized the storms in PA well and gives everyone storms and showers starting in a couple hours. Fingers crossed...

Hope so. Even with the humidity, the temps and sun did a number on my lawn and gardens.

U R twisted.

not really... we've gone thru the pain might as well cement this as the all time greatest month of heat. we need every day left to get the 90+ crown without a tie.

since it wasnt posted (even if already known)

Statement as of 01:27 am EDT on July 24, 2011

... Record high minimum temperature set at Washington National DC...

a record high minimum of 84 degrees was set at Washington National DC yesterday. This breaks the old record of 81 set in 2010.

A new record for number of consecutive days where the temperature has not gone below 80 degrees was set yesterday. There now have been 4 consecutive days where the temperature has not dropped below 80 degrees. The previous record was 2 days which was set in 2010... 2006... 1999... 1987... 1983... 1959... 1949 and 1876.

Looks like most of the action is jumping out ahead of the main line. Firing on the lee trough ? That's a recipe for my area getting screwed sometimes.

Yep. Line died just before it got here and continues to refire just over the Blue Ridge to my east.. Have to wait to see if the next one still in NW PA/Ohio can get here in tact this evening.

Archived