Newest Member
    SnowHabit
HEAT WAVE 6 now underway....probably will last 5 days

Deck Pic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sucks that even BOS was hotter than us today

If your going to accept the reading at Reagan as representative of "this entire" area and claim that because BOS reporting station was hotter than Reagan it means BOS hotter than DC is laughable.

If your going to accept the reading at Reagan as representative of "this entire" area and claim that because BOS reporting station was hotter than Reagan it means BOS hotter than DC is laughable.

Im guessing BOS was on a west wind downslope.. that's when the big torches occur at Logan. In this airmass and the lack of clouds up there im not surprised

Wow and my AC is still keeping my house at 70 degrees, good thing i splurged for the bigger unit :thumbsup: .

We're on BGE Energy Savers plan where we get a credit each month on our bill. Today they called for an emergency -- so no AC since 11am for all folks who signed up for this - 84 inside. Waiting for them to turn us back on. Fan is running but no cooling during the emergency. First time they've implemented this for an entire day. Should be ending soon tho since hottest part of day is over now.

I drove from Baltimore to Richmond, IN today, started the drive at about 12:40.

Drove into that storm that the Hagerstown board members were talking about around 2:00. It was a beautfiul summer storm, vivid cloud to ground lightning, sheets of rain, and nice wind. Forced the I-70 traffic to back it down to 15 mph or so for several miles.

Out of our area, I hit a second storm crossing into Ohio right around 6:00 or so on I-70. That one was a stunner, hail, huge wind, blinding rain, saw one semi pushed sideways and off the road by the wind. Scared the crap out of me, as I couldn't figure out if I had driven into something more serious than a summer squall. It blew up out of nowhere. That one forced pretty much everyone to pull off and sit for a bit on the sides of the road until it cleared a bit.

We're on BGE Energy Savers plan where we get a credit each month on our bill. Today they called for an emergency -- so no AC since 11am for all folks who signed up for this - 84 inside. Waiting for them to turn us back on. Fan is running but no cooling during the emergency. First time they've implemented this for an entire day. Should be ending soon tho since hottest part of day is over now.

Yours was completely off? We had ours cycled 30 minutes each hour (which still meant 83 degrees in the house) from 11 to 6:45.

Yours was completely off? We had ours cycled 30 minutes each hour (which still meant 83 degrees in the house) from 11 to 6:45.

Yes, we signed up for 100% so they stuck it to us the entire time, until just before 8pm. House peaked at 84 on main level but basement stayed verrrry pleasant. My main concern was that it wasn't the heat pump, as we had just had our summer servicing about 10 days ago. So, when calling BGE, they explained the whole deal to me.

DCA: 99

IAD: 96

BWI: 98

nice....for some reason I didn't think we would get there....not that we are there yet, though we may have gotten there

On a similar note, I was chatting with Wes last night and he is quite bullish that we set the all time warmest July record....I may start a thread on that

nice....for some reason I didn't think we would get there....not that we are there yet, though we may have gotten there

On a similar note, I was chatting with Wes last night and he is quite bullish that we set the all time warmest July record....I may start a thread on that

Record today is 101 at DCA, so attainable.

Need to average 84 from here on out for the record, including today. Not out of the question, but that is a high number. We'll have a few days that are more like 80 early in the week before the next wave hits.

Archived