• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Retrograde Snowstorm by 12/5?

CT Rain

It does look more interesting from about day 10 -> ....BUT ..hasn't it looked interesting at day 10 -> many times since late October? LOL

That said...one of these times luck has to be with us and we have December cold to work with now.

Another cold and potentially stormy op run. Quite the gradient across the Mason Dixon line at the end of the run.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does look more interesting from about day 10 -> ....BUT ..hasn't it looked interesting at day 10 -> many times since late October? LOL

That said...one of these times luck has to be with us and we have December cold to work with now.

It's kind of funny that none of the models ever says things will be boring ten days out. lol

33.5/23

That's true, but I'll take my chances with the pattern shown. Sometimes the best patterns don't produce, and then patterns that look crappy can give you such a great rush...we just don't know. However, from how everything looks...it's definitely something to watch.

It does seem like more often than not when we finally do get a storm - it kind of jumps out at us fast. The models (especially ensembles) telegraph the overall trend, but the threat doesn't become obvious until the last few days.

That's true, but I'll take my chances with the pattern shown. Sometimes the best patterns don't produce, and then patterns that look crappy can give you such a great rush...we just don't know. However, from how everything looks...it's definitely something to watch.

Real quickly, do any of you know a website that gives the record high and low for any given city at any given date?? I know the Cornell site, but I think that's more for the northeast.

Wunderground.com

wxunderground is pretty good.

Beat me to it.

Top analog for CIPS consistently

http://www.eas.slu.e...w&dt=2010010306

Top 15 analog mean snow looks a lot like the NAM depiction

Very interesting analog and one I thought of right away. Maybe some differences in the overall setup, but quite similar. Hopefully the PV phases with the clipper a little quicker than currently modeled and the storm explodes a little faster giving us an intense comma head event.

Archived