joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Retrograde Snowstorm by 12/5?

CT Rain

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah you don't want everything too far north, or else it just pinwheels west with the low. The NAM rotated the low sw and thus pivoted the snow shield further south. The euro wasn't far off, so it will be interesting to see what it does.

Ok i see what your saying now thanks.I'm learning, hopefully by the end of the winter i wont have to ask these questions any more(i doubt it though lol)

This block may screw us in the short term but will certainly keep it cold enough for snow in the longer term. When it begins to relax, perhaps a big system.

You mean to tell me you don't think this will be a cold, dry spell followed by an unceremonious warmup just in time for a rainstorm?

Because that's what feels right to me.

You mean to tell me you don't think this will be a cold, dry spell followed by an unceremonious warmup just in time for a rainstorm?

Because that's what feels right to me.

I don't think that happens. Unless all the modeling is completely out to lunch wrt NAO. At the very least, we'll have snow to rain events which would be fine at this point.

This block may screw us in the short term but will certainly keep it cold enough for snow in the longer term. When it begins to relax, perhaps a big system.

I 100% agree with this and I think this is something to certainly watch for. The pattern looks like it will be quite active for at least the foreseeable future with lots of jet energy coming into the western US and lots of s/w coming in through the flow. As long as we keep this active look within the pattern something is bound to go right, at least just once.

What I would like to see if once the NAO begins to relax it heads positive for a bit...sometimes are biggest systems come with the NAO changing phases...then after a brief period in the positive phase we switch back to negative and that allows a fresh Arctic airmass to potentially dump into the region and this can also be a great thing for a good storm.

Still very early in the season and lots of potential coming up so we all should be feeling positive vibes here, despite what happens Sunday/Monday.

Real quickly, do any of you know a website that gives the record high and low for any given city at any given date?? I know the Cornell site, but I think that's more for the northeast.

I'm sure there are better sites for this but actually I usually go to (and don't kill me :lol:) the weather channel site.

The NAM would be a fun solution, but yesterday's 12Z run led us down the garden path some..then retreated completely. So I'll trust the NAM when I see it on a few more runs.

Not to be a debbie downer because I want snow as much as anyone - but my general inclination is that this pattern is mainly one that benefits Northern NE and maybe the Dacks.

The NAM would be a fun solution, but yesterday's 12Z run led us down the garden path some..then retreated completely. So I'll trust the NAM when I see it on a few more runs.

Not to be a debbie downer because I want snow as much as anyone - but my general inclination is that this pattern is mainly one that benefits Northern NE and maybe the Dacks.

GFS= BORING FOR MANY

32.8/23

their site can be a bit clunky but it's a quick way to grab averages and records.

When geocities was still up I started making web page for records and such...I had a page for select stations in the Northeast and I made it real simple, you just selected the city you wanted and then the month and boom there was the data...on TWC and wunderground you have to do so much clicking and such.

I miss geocities...it was so easy to use and so simple, need to find another free web builder site that is free.

I think there will definitely be snow showers across the region on Saturday and Sunday, not everyone is going to be lucky enough to see flakes but I think many will, especially north of the MA Pike and towards NE MA and NH...enough lift over the region and enough moisture available. Will there be any accumulations from it? Probably nothing major, maybe some spots see a dusting or something.

Archived