Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
§ June Forecast Contest, Tropics §

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was running near the top last year...and my November forecast of 0/0/0 would have kept me there....had I been able to post it. But some moderator gave me a 30-day ban for having the nerve (as a mere peon) to argue with a meteorologist over some long-forgotten point.

Being I'm not about to go through that a second time, I'm taking this challenge elsewhere. But to the rest of you - good luck! (And I hope some of you get some not-too-destructive personal thrills!)

:pimp:

That must have been at Eastern, so don't hold it against American ... you have nothing to fear but Cape Fear itself.

Speaking of no fear, last year 19/11/5 seemed a bit daring at the time, good for the win. I wonder what 12/6/3 will be good for?

(September 15th maybe? )

:popcorn:

Good luck everyone, and don't argue with those mets.

I AM NOT A METEOROLOGIST BUT I PLAY ONE ON THE INTERTUBES

• 4 weeks later...

I was running near the top last year...and my November forecast of 0/0/0 would have kept me there....had I been able to post it. But some moderator gave me a 30-day ban for having the nerve (as a mere peon) to argue with a meteorologist over some long-forgotten point.

Being I'm not about to go through that a second time, I'm taking this challenge elsewhere. But to the rest of you - good luck! (And I hope some of you get some not-too-destructive personal thrills!)

:pimp:

just saw this...lol

A whole lot of people just had a perfect score for June (with 1/0/0 's)....One more "practice month" before the meat of the season comes about!! :thumbsup:

The good thing about the contest this year is that June really gives relatively little points, even if you got the perfect score.

Archived