• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Devastating tornado strikes Joplin, Missouri

Something must have happened to him... if I witnessed a major weather event, this would be the first place I would go to to discuss it. I hope not, but still weird situation there.

Forgetting for the moment that he very likely has no internet access... really??? Nearly half of his town has been wiped out, he almost certainly knows people that have been killed, and he may have to struggle to get food and clean water. And you assume he should have come right on the board and posted? Get serious.

Look, we all want to hear from him, but we need to give him some time. The good news is that he isn't listed on any lists of fatalities or missing people, if the info we have on him is correct. So let's hope for the best, and respect that he's got more immediate concerns than posting on American.

Forgetting for the moment that he very likely has no internet access... really??? Nearly half of his town has been wiped out, he almost certainly knows people that have been killed, and he may have to struggle to get food and clean water. And you assume he should have come right on the board and posted? Get serious.

Look, we all want to hear from him, but we need to give him some time. The good news is that he isn't listed on any lists of fatalities or missing people, if the info we have on him is correct. So let's hope for the best, and respect that he's got more immediate concerns than posting on American.

One of our prominent SNE posters lost phone/power last year after a big snowstorm and he was offline for like a week.

We were a little worried about him and that was just snow.(and he is the biggest snow addict I know)

After what JoMo has been through (assuming he is safe/uninjured) it would take some time to come back online here. Not everyone's biggest passion is posting on AmWx.

Hopefully he is getting rest, eating good food, and drinking some cold beers somewhere.

I'm ok. My family is ok. We just got power and phone service restored. 3 blocks away is completely gone though. I'll post a more detailed account once I check in with everyone.

We know of at least 2 people we know that died. One was protecting his wife and died from injuries. She survived, he didn't. One had a compound fracture and bled to death, they couldn't give her a transfusion because they didn't have her blood type.

I'm ok. My family is ok. We just got power and phone service restored. 3 blocks away is completely gone though. I'll post a more detailed account once I check in with everyone.

We know of at least 2 people we know that died. One was protecting his wife and died from injuries. She survived, he didn't. One had a compound fracture and bled to death, they couldn't give her a transfusion because they didn't have her blood type.

Oh my that's horrible! Im sure stories are echoed much in your town in the past few days. Glad you and yours are safe. :hug:

Good to hear you're OK... good luck getting through this, I'm sure it is not easy.

Great to hear from you, bro. A lot of people here were worried sick about you.

I cannot imagine what you have, and are, experiencing.

Thank God man, really great to hear from you. You need anything that can be done, don't hesitate to ask. A few of us from my FD here may be coming out there in the coming weeks to volunteer, depending on whether I can get off from work or not. But I really don't think they are going to have an issue.

And you assume he should have come right on the board and posted? Get serious.

ZONKS! There are priorities in life!

(tongue in cheek)

It's good to hear from him. I know I have been pinging my friends in other parts of MO, OH, IL, IN and even in PA which had some earlier warnings today.

:thumbsup:

The more I read and see about the damage in Joplin, the more haunted I am. I do not understand why.

Great to hear from you man!

Great to hear from you man!

What he said.

I saw a name on the missing person list today that matches an old friend in Joplin I haven't spoken to in years. There wasn't a DOB to see if it was her or not. Will have to see how that pans out.

Thank god your alright....

So glad to hear from you; also extremely sorry for what you have endured over the last week.

That post you made right before the tornado was extremely haunting and I will remember that for a long time.

It's great to hear from you!

Very glad to hear that you and your family are ok.

Great news! We know it's been one heck of a ride and are glad you are OK!