SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Chasecation!

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not going to make it...

We're not trying to go all the way to SW TX. Some of the hi res models have stuff moving/developing north a bit later. I'm skeptical.. but well there's not much else to do anyway.

The 18Z HRRR is not your friend.

I'm not really expecting much of anything.. I didnt come out here to just sit in some cheap hotel room in bumblefook OK either though.

I'm not really expecting much of anything.. I didnt come out here to just sit in some cheap hotel room in bumblefook OK either though.

Sounds like the makings of a new Country/Western song to me...:guitar:

No, I understand. I want you guys to have at least one good day, so I can enjoy the pics and videos.

The company I work for has oil leases in SW Wichita County, not far from Wichita Falls.

SPC RUC moisture convergence has a weak maxima West of Abilene, and visible satellite shows some cu nearby, nothing impressive looking, but I think its the best shot you guys have for today.

post-138-0-49564900-1304715165.gif

Lubbock radar seeing some weak cells starting to fire down in Gaines County, just west/northwest of Seminole. Only 292 miles to go! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I sympathize. Been right where you are, under similar circumstances. Good luck in the coming days.

Lubbock radar seeing some weak cells starting to fire down in Gaines County, just west/northwest of Seminole. Only 292 miles to go! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I sympathize. Been right where you are, under similar circumstances. Good luck in the coming days.

It's been an interesting ride... I can see why people do a month out here now. Of course, for May this might be nearing the extremes of a break in the action. I dunno.. I think one way or another we'll get something when the trough kicks out, hopefully something prior too.

Most of them have been, and I suppose a thanks are in order to Ed for those posts. Thank you, Ed.

It was really just the few posts about things like the I-10 stuff that I'm not particularly fond of seeing ITT. We be in chase mode now :D

:lol:

How much vacation time did Ian blow to hang with you guys and watch clouds?

Ian- I just read your job description on your Twitter account.

If you were on vacation for the whole bin Laden thing and don't see a tornado, you are one unlucky person.

But I like the general look of Wednesday. 12Z Euro shows a good LLJ up and down the I-35 corridor. GFS breaks out precip in Oklahoma between 0Z and 6Z Wednesday (Thursday in Europe).

The forecast sounding for OKC, not bad for this far out...

Scary, even...

post-138-0-56007400-1304718016.gif

No, I understand. I want you guys to have at least one good day, so I can enjoy the pics and videos.

The company I work for has oil leases in SW Wichita County, not far from Wichita Falls.

SPC RUC moisture convergence has a weak maxima West of Abilene, and visible satellite shows some cu nearby, nothing impressive looking, but I think its the best shot you guys have for today.

Baby cell developing near where the weak convergence max was...

MAF_loop.gif

Ian- I just read your job description on your Twitter account.

If you were on vacation for the whole bin Laden thing and don't see a tornado, you are one unlucky person.

But I like the general look of Wednesday. 12Z Euro shows a good LLJ up and down the I-35 corridor. GFS breaks out precip in Oklahoma between 0Z and 6Z Wednesday (Thursday in Europe).

The forecast sounding for OKC, not bad for this far out...

Scary, even...

yeah kind of strange i ended up in texarkana for that announcement...

we're going to try to hit that stuff west of abilene if it holds. had a small meeting with some texas troopers first. :P

Texas DPS has been notified and a BOLO issued. Have fun.:devilsmiley:

yeah kind of strange i ended up in texarkana for that announcement...

we're going to try to hit that stuff west of abilene if it holds. had a small meeting with some texas troopers first. :P

:devilsmiley:

yeah we're coming up on it now. running through some wind farm near abilene.

Semi-Whooo-Hoooo

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIDLAND/ODESSA TX

544 PM CDT FRI MAY 6 2011

TXZ053-062330-

MITCHELL-

544 PM CDT FRI MAY 6 2011

...SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY FOR A STRONG THUNDERSTORMS AFFECTING

MITCHELL COUNTY UNTIL 630 PM CDT...

AT 541 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE METEOROLOGISTS WERE

MONITORING A STRONG THUNDERSTORM LOCATED 3 MILES TO THE EAST OF

WESTBROOK...MOVING EAST AT 20 MPH.

THIS STORM WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING STRONG WIND GUSTS OF 50 TO

55 MPH...IN ADDITION TO OCCASIONAL LIGHTNING STRIKES AND BRIEF

MODERATE TO HEAVY RAINFALL.

7 hour drive for our first thundershower in the Plains.

Glad you finally got something. Don't feel too bad -- I drove down to the same area from OUN in March to see a high-based sup in 80/45 surface conditions. Sweetwater cell looks like it could be somewhat photogenic, especially with the rugged terrain and windmills around there.

Ian, are you guys considering playing the warm front on Monday?

Not sure. I think we'd like to stay in TX/OK but if it looks like it's going to be dead we may. Just watched the new severe storm go up while shooting the stuff west of Abilene.. tower to full blown in 10 min or so. Trying to head toward it now. First had nice look -- some mammatus.

Archived