joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2011-2012

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, but the stratosphere can be very high near the equator, so it's probably not a huge amount.

especially considering the stability of the stratosphere. It needs some strong vertical velocity as it blasts through the tropopause, if it's going to get a large concentration into the stratosphere

Or an asteroid impact. I'm always up for those. It's been too long since our last one, we're "due" lol ;)

If we entered another LIA (something far worse would happen with an asteroid), it would be hell on earth. We'd have a lot of trouble. But the winters sure would be pretty fun. :lol:

We need a good Ray meltdown storm. The kind that buries Woburn and leaves Wilmington in flurries. Or perhaps a cranberry bog blizzard where messenger is posting nude about how he can't see the smokestack anymore.

:lol:

As much as you guys got sick of me pissing and moaning....admit it, you missed my b*tching last year....I was too happy so it was boring.

:lol:

As much as you guys got sick of me pissing and moaning....admit it, you missed my b*tching last year....I was too happy so it was boring.

I used to gave meltdowns when I was younger...especially when I saw ORH getting S+ and I was rain. Dec '92 was a good one for me. Another occurred when I was in 8th grade. It was snowing when I left Boston and then turned to rain as I went south. I remember losing it in the car.

I used to gave meltdowns when I was younger...especially when I saw ORH getting S+ and I was rain. Dec '92 was a good one for me. Another occurred when I was in 8th grade. It was snowing when I left Boston and then turned to rain as I went south. I remember losing it in the car.

LOL..what did you do?...thrash around in the backseat?

LOL..what did you do?...thrash around in the backseat?

I think I just b*tched to my mom...lol. It was one of those WTF moments. As a weenie growing up...I absolutely hated seeing the interior get pummeled while it rained at my house. I mean, I did pretty well in Brockton all things considered, but that just got to me. When I changed to rain and then dryslotted in Dec '92....I was completely dumbfounded. It was my meteorological Aaron Boone HR of a storm. I thought I would never see more than 18".

It doesn't bother me now. If I rain...I rain.

If we entered another LIA (something far worse would happen with an asteroid), it would be hell on earth. We'd have a lot of trouble. But the winters sure would be pretty fun. :lol:

An asteroid as big as a house passed within about 7600 miles of earth this morning!

I think I just b*tched to my mom...lol. It was one of those WTF moments. As a weenie growing up...I absolutely hated seeing the interior get pummeled while it rained at my house. I mean, I did pretty well in Brockton all things considered, but that just got to me. When I changed to rain and then dryslotted in Dec '92....I was completely dumbfounded. It was my meteorological Aaron Boone HR of a storm. I thought I would never see more than 18".

I can just picture your mom..screaming at you to calm down..while you're in the backseat thrashing around in your undersized Bruins jacket,,smashing your hands and body against the doors and windows..pulling the locks up and down..

It still bothers me. I will never be able to deal with ORH getting snow and me rain. there's been times when I've been tempted to head for the CT River in the vehicle

:weenie:

I smiled when I read this because I can relate to it. I remember in the early 80s when I was in high school up in Springfield, MA (I was living just south of the CT/MA line in Somers at the time) and I'd get all honked off on those times that it would be snowing in Springfield and turn to rain some where near the stateline. In Dec '92 I only recieved 3.1" but because I spent most of the day driving between my house, Union & the coast, I was some how OK with it and have been OK since then. I think college some how made me realize that the weather is going to do what it's going to do and to just enjoy what you got and admire the storm.

I can just picture your mom..screaming at you to calm down..while you're in the backseat thrashing around in your undersized Bruins jacket,,smashing your hands and body against the doors and windows..pulling the locks up and down..

It still bothers me. I will never be able to deal with ORH getting snow and me rain. there's been times when I've been tempted to head for the CT River in the vehicle

LOL, nothing like that. I think I was just pissed.

I've grown to deal with any screw jobs. There will be times that I get crushed, and then other times where I get Dec '92. The only slight thing that annoys me, is if Ray somehow gets 12" and I get 2". Luckily, it rarely happens.

I can understand the little rivalry that you, Ray,and Will have. You guys have similar average snowfall. I can't compete in that department, but I enjoyed beating HubbDave for most of the winter.

I know it's not your house, but take a ride up to Stickney Hill Rd in Union....it's over 1,250' and I find it can make the difference between rn and sn. It seems like ever 200' changes things. At least you're in your own state/county.

I know it's not house, but take a rise up to Stickney Hill Rd in Union....it's over 1,250' and I find it can make the difference between rn and sn. It seems like ever 200' changes things. At least you're in your own state/county.

I've never actually been off the highway and into Union. Since there's nothing there, I've never had any reason to go there. My friend across the street just a job for next school year as the principal of the school. I think the town has like 700 population lol

I can understand the little rivalry that you, Ray,and Will have. You guys have similar average snowfall. I can't compete in that department, but I enjoyed beating HubbDave for most of the winter.

Well, Will is like the NY Yankees of the rivalry....he is going to win the division the vast majority of the time......I'm the Sox and Kev is the Rays. lol

Archived