SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Paid the tolls...moving into winter

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm nervous with those because they can turn into screwjobs...but I'm not going to get ahead of myself. The Canadian more or less was showing that. It phased those two pieces of energy that Bob noted.

Absolutely.....high risk, high reward.....I find it analagous to a rather complex and extensive cosmetic surgery in that you are assuming a great risk in undergoing such an intricate and precise procedure, in an effort to transform from an "ugly duckling" into a more asthetically pleasing being; well, in attempting ascension into the anals of Paul Kocin, a rather pedestrain, benign SW assumes the risk of an unsuccessful coplulation with the retrograding PV rendering it a sheared out, P Cloudy and 33*F day.

Absolutely.....high risk, high reward.....I find it analagous to a rather complex and extensive cosmetic surgery in that you are assuming a great risk in undergoing such an intricate and precise procedure, in an effort to transform from an "ugly duckling" into a more asthetically pleasing being; well, in attempting ascension into the anals of Paul Kocin, a rather pedestrain, benign SW assumes the risk of an unsuccessful coplulation with the retrograding PV rendering it a sheared out, P Cloudy and 33*F day.

Yeah not much room for error here, but I hear ya. I always pay attention to shortwaves that cross the southern US because those are the ones that can cause things to sometimes change in a hurry. Of course they are prone to getting sheared out like any northern stream s/w, but they also cross over high octane fuel residing in the Gulf.

It also illustrates why you shouldn't throw the towel in on a possible event that's 5+ days away. Especially given the present parameters.

I agree with that. It's the failure of anything to get closer than 8-9 days that has been the source of frustration. Since none of the long-term depictions are playing out, it would be very funny if something ended up manifesting itself with a nice short window.

I agree with that. It's the failure of anything to get closer than 8-9 days that has been the source of frustration. Since none of the long-term depictions are playing out, it would be very funny if something ended up manifesting itself with a nice short window.

When any given modeled soloution is transient due to a pattern that is in a state of great flux, these are inherent occurences.

You need to comprehend that and wrap your mind around that fact going in, or else you are going to end up with tipped chairs, couches....whole dinning room set.

And has anyone else notice that most of the storms shown on the ensemble members over the last few days have had their origins from the Gulf?? This is a strong La Nina?? :lol:

One of my earliest memories of gaining interest in the weather is seeing a map on the local tv station (alb) depicting a low slingshotting at us from the GOMx. It was noteworthy because it was one of a series of storms that came at us from the gulf. Sometime in the early 70's I would geuss.

Impossible there is no STJ or so I was told. Such a minor database for knowledgeable folks to make such absolutes.

Its splitting the polar jet which creates some storms pretty far south without a STJ. Couple that with Atlantic blocking and you have a pattern that resembles nothing like a Nina.

I've been saying the season of the sneaky low for a reason. lol

The 12/8-9 storm is so far out that its impossible to really speculate what we might need to have happen. There's a good chance the 120 hour prog will look different come verification time...and the next threat is a solid 90-100 hours beyond that.

Ideally we'd have the blocking vortex lift a bit northeast to reduce confluence a bit OR retrograde back far enough west or southwest to phase with any shortwave coming out of the lower plains.

u know i just cant believe we are still talking about the same thing one year later. i never would have imagined it, tbh.

oh well, payback will be fun for most of us.

Archived