• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The North trend thread

Damage In Tolland

Well perhaps verbatim they don't, but models tend to have biases in certain situations that cause them to trend or correct in a certain direction as we approach T=0.

After quickly rereading the paper, the other thing that stands out is the use of 850mb temps as a variable to track. I think that there are definitely signs that model guidance trends with respect to the evolution of disturbances in the flow. The problem with trying to quantify this is that any one variable is not linearly dependent on say the track of a short wave. There will be bifurcation all over the place, so that of course no trend will be evident.

Why do people in the mid atlantic always get so upset anytime the NT is mentioned. It's a La Nina..It's reality..

The North trend is a fallacy. It's just a know bias of the GFS that it overestimates the cold and squashes systems to our South. Since the GFS has been upgraded we need to see if this is still one of it's weeknesses, just like the Euro's weekness for holding back closed lows in the SW.

The North trend is a fallacy. It's just a know bias of the GFS that it overestimates the cold and squashes systems to our South. Since the GFS has been upgraded we need to see if this is still one of it's weeknesses, just like the Euro's weekness for holding back closed lows in the SW.

No it's not. It is very real..and it's not based on the GFS..It happens with all models.. Even the Euro. They start south and end up trending it north and west as we get closer..and it happens mostly with snowstormsand in la Ninas. Anyone will tell you this..well except DT which is probably where you got this silly idea from

No it's not. It is very real..and it's not based on the GFS..It happens with all models.. Even the Euro. They start south and end up trending it north and west as we get closer..and it happens mostly with snowstormsand in la Ninas. Anyone will tell you this..well except DT which is probably where you got this silly idea from

I think it is true with last year as an exception (to some extent). I remember countless noreasters leaving sne clear that eventually come up the coast a bit or more than a bit.

I'll take DT over you any day. Just sayin'.

If "your" theory is true than based on last nights Euro we should expect the Day 9/10 system to track over BUF and the CMC solution as modeled should cut up to the GL.

Why do people in the mid atlantic always get so upset anytime the NT is mentioned. It's a La Nina..It's reality..

Upset? :lol: We all know you're pretty much trolling. How'd that trend work out last year? If you say it enough times, you'll get it right eventually.

Because they want it all to themselves......

Yeah, because we control the weather and there were plenty of us hoping we all would get in on the fun.

This post makes no sense.

At any rate, I hope there is an east coast blockbuster.....this place would be hoppin'

Upset? :lol: We all know you're pretty much trolling. How'd that trend work out last year? If you say it enough times, you'll get it right eventually.

Yeah, because we control the weather and there were plenty of us hoping we all would get in on the fun.

At any rate, I hope there is an east coast blockbuster.....this place would be hoppin'

This thread is full of Phail...

Great job with the show last night btw

Randy, great job on the site, excellent radio setup,.

I do not think Kev posting a topic about North trends in La Nina modeling is a troll especially since it is within our own sub forum . I do see the regionalism and lack of a common thread as being a detriment to sharing of experiences, the region threads hop while the main board discusses ice p u s s i e s Australia TC,'s.

I knew that would get someones attention, We all luv ya down that way just like you guys do us here, We all want snow, Great show by the way i hear, Even though i could not get on........ :drunk:

Randy, great job on the site, excellent radio setup,.

I do not think Kev posting a topic about North trends in La Nina modeling is a troll especially since it is within our own sub forum . I do see the regionalism and lack of a common thread as being a detriment to sharing of experiences, the region threads hop while the main board discusses ice p u s s i e s Australia TC,'s.

I supposed, but even when there were no subforums, he would do it. I guess the history trumps the intent in this thread.

I'm souring on regional subforums myself.

Archived