• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Overnight Ice Threat

CT Rain

Looks like even areas as far south as northern Litchfield County in CT could get some ZR late tonight with some rough travel. East slopes of the Greens and most of central/northern NH could see 1/4-1/2" accretion later on.

Agreed. As I've said in another thread... wet bulbs are still in the teens. High temps today were about 8-10F below this morning's forecast (BTV had my house at 36F @ 800ft and so far I haven't gotten above 27F). Up at the ski area, temps struggled to leave the teens in that 1,500-3,700ft elevation band... our mid-mountain sensor around 2,500ft is still in the upper teens I believe (notorious cold pocket on Mansfield's eastern side about 1K feet below the ridge and 1K feet above the mountain base).

I would have to assume the large temperature busts today will help our cause out tonight.

This will be the map to monitor... interestingly enough the near-summit station on Mansfield (3,950ft) has shot up to 30F from a low of 8F this morning, while everyone below that is still in the mid 20s. Dews are in the single digits, so we are definitely going to cool quite a decent bit when precipitation starts. Classic warm air aloft scenario.

mesomap.jpg

I love the point and click forecasts for these mixed precip events... :arrowhead: With a low of 20F forecast tonight, everything will be icy tomorrow. The ground surface is now frozen thanks to 36+ hours below freezing and most of last night spent in the teens. Rain will have no problem freezing on contact, especially with very dry air in place.

Tonight: A slight chance of snow before 1am, then a chance of snow and sleet between 1am and 4am, then freezing rain and sleet after 4am. Low around 20. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Friday: Freezing rain and sleet before 10am, then rain, snow showers, and sleet likely between 10am and 1pm, then a slight chance of snow showers after 1pm. High near 35. South wind 6 to 9 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Friday Night: Scattered snow showers, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Southwest wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Saturday: Snow showers likely, mainly before 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a high near 31. South wind 7 to 11 mph becoming west. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

This is actually a nice, wintry period coming up, at least on paper... Ice tomorrow then lake effect and upslope snow squalls on Saturday. First time this winter I've seen the "Heavy Snow" icon in my point and click forecast :thumbsup:

The ground surface is pretty frozen out here also. I was down in NYC, but the meso station near here only had 35 yesterday...despite ALB being like 43.

Now at 27.7F here. It makes me wonder if some of the cold is siphoning in here on E and NE winds.

I love the point and click forecasts for these mixed precip events... :arrowhead: With a low of 20F forecast tonight, everything will be icy tomorrow. The ground surface is now frozen thanks to 36+ hours below freezing and most of last night spent in the teens. Rain will have no problem freezing on contact, especially with very dry air in place.

Tonight: A slight chance of snow before 1am, then a chance of snow and sleet between 1am and 4am, then freezing rain and sleet after 4am. Low around 20. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Friday: Freezing rain and sleet before 10am, then rain, snow showers, and sleet likely between 10am and 1pm, then a slight chance of snow showers after 1pm. High near 35. South wind 6 to 9 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Friday Night: Scattered snow showers, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Southwest wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Saturday: Snow showers likely, mainly before 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a high near 31. South wind 7 to 11 mph becoming west. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

This is actually a nice, wintry period coming up, at least on paper... Ice tomorrow then lake effect and upslope snow squalls on Saturday. First time this winter I've seen the "Heavy Snow" icon in my point and click forecast :thumbsup:

Archived