SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
AmericanWx WRF

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any updates? :)

Hopefully it'll be running in the next 10 days. I've got the machine built that the members paid for, and SP is about to send the machine he's donating to the cause. I'm waiting on that one so I can cluster them together, then I have to get it all up and running and get it all automated with scripting. What's likely to happen is the original release will have a certain set of output fields (the ones listed in the original post), and many others will be added over time. There are some pretty tall orders suggested in this thread, and it'll take some time to get them going.

After it's running in its original configuration, I'm going to look into setting up LAPS so that we'll have our own real-time analysis system that ingests surface obs, satellite, radar, profilers, and aircraft data for the WRF rather than initializing with a static background model. I think it's also possible (hopefully salbers will chime in) to have our LAPS ingest MADIS mesonet data, which would be cool because it would include any member's home weather stations that are transmitting to MADIS through CWOP, etc.

Hopefully it'll be running in the next 10 days. I've got the machine built that the members paid for, and SP is about to send the machine he's donating to the cause. I'm waiting on that one so I can cluster them together, then I have to get it all up and running and get it all automated with scripting. What's likely to happen is the original release will have a certain set of output fields (the ones listed in the original post), and many others will be added over time. There are some pretty tall orders suggested in this thread, and it'll take some time to get them going.

After it's running in its original configuration, I'm going to look into setting up LAPS so that we'll have our own real-time analysis system that ingests surface obs, satellite, radar, profilers, and aircraft data for the WRF rather than initializing with a static background model. I think it's also possible (hopefully salbers will chime in) to have our LAPS ingest MADIS mesonet data, which would be cool because it would include any member's home weather stations that are transmitting to MADIS through CWOP, etc.

Sounds great Met Tech. LAPS is designed to plug right into MADIS.

Archived