Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 5-6 2010 - Snowmageddon

Ian

• 11 months later...

I considered, but then backed off.  Ian created it...whether he believes it or not, I respect him a huge amount, so it stands.

I thought you were all joking about deleting... honestly I would've thrown a fit if you'd actually done it. Lots of memories, images, animations, videos, and old discussions here and although it doesn't need to be bumped every year, I still want it around.

I'm convinced this storm didn't happen

I've been looking thru pics from then and the next and it doesn't seem real.

But it probably could have been better with a little colder temps. Next time.

Or maybe getting 2-3 HECS that year means we wait twice as long as usual for the next one :(

I dunno. It seems we are in the golden age of HECS right now. Persistence until none for a while.

I dunno. It seems we are in the golden age of HECS right now. Persistence until none for a while.

I am only in my 30's, and I've experienced five 20"+ snowstorms (2/83, 1/96, 2/03, 12/09, 2/10) in lower Montgomery County, MD. Someone who died the year that I was born, even if he/she lived until age 100, would have only experienced two such storms in the same location. 

Just think this, I am 20 and have experienced 10"+ events on 1/26/11, 2/13/14, 12/19/09, 2/5/10, 2/10/10, 2/12/06, 1/25/00, 1/7/96, and PDII

11,14,20,32,21,14,19/20,26, and 34.

Impressive I'd say.

34" in PDII?

Are there any confirmed reports of totals that high in the eastern burbs of Baltimore? I've seen it on the wikipedia page but never any convincing evidence