• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Groundhog Day Storm Thread

dryslot

Thanks. I have been measuring snow for a long time, 40 years near there about. I see no need to lie about it. Especially since this winter has been wonderful so far, especially compared to last winter.

Thats bull crap, I have never been questioned, Othe then Charlie on WGME asked me my protocol for measureing, I go by NWS spotter training guidelines, And do all the reporting for Lewiston to NWS and to all 3 tv networks..

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the heck was that event? Disappointing, but you move on... Models showed this late, and the radar doesn't lie.

Currently nothing happen, except clouds.

All the 18z runs on from last night started backing down on qpf so it should have been no surprise as long as everyone stays up with the model runs, Nam was overdone but it had support from the GFS and the Euro for a time on qpf 1-1.25", But is was the 18z nam that started cutting qpf back yesterday down to .75" and the rest of 0z followed

Besides, A lot of the tv mets were the ones that hyped it or confused everyone out there with either calling both storm totals as 1, Giving out totals for each, Then overhyping the second storm when you could see on the models that they were scaling back qpf, I stuck to my guns with 1-3" yesterday and 10-15" today, Going to bust in some spots but others will be in that range when it is done down this way, North of waterville i had 6-12" and 4-8 above Milinocket with 3-6" at the crown and those should verify

lol, I can't believe some of the whining with historic snow numbers in places already and bldgs collapsing from all the snow/sleet/frzrain that has fallen over the last 3 weeks

LOL, for some, there's never enough.

I've got plenty right now (up to 27" at the stake when I left the house) and a wide-right on Saturday would be mighty fine with me...

Thats bull crap, I have never been questioned, Othe then Charlie on WGME asked me my protocol for measureing, I go by NWS spotter training guidelines, And do all the reporting for Lewiston to NWS and to all 3 tv networks..

Mostly weenies questioning who don't even live in Maine. They don't have the ballz to post their comments for the public to see, always private message. Ever since I decided to go social network, they come out of the brickwork during every storm. I do the same per NWS guidelines. I have never been questioned by any of the 3 local networks.

Did you ever go to any of the WGME weather watcher get togethers? They are due to have another one, been awhile.

18Z really cut QPF for NH tomorrow. This storm is really hauling. I received 2" today. Expecting 8-12" tomorrow I d not see any of the crazy amounts being thrown around for C/NNE. My guess this will be around a 12" snowstorm for most.

Gene

Always thought the QPF amounts were going to be too high with this storm flying in from the SW. I have not measured but don't think I hit 12".

lol, I can't believe some of the whining with historic snow numbers in places already and bldgs collapsing from all the snow/sleet/frzrain that has fallen over the last 3 weeks

If you're referring to people in parts of SNE (esp. CT), then I agree. But nothing historic has happened in NNE, and my area busted low on this event by a solid 50%. Definitely beats the heck out of last season, and I have enjoyed these storms -- but I am definitely disappointed in how this one panned out for MBY.

All the 18z runs on from last night started backing down on qpf so it should have been no surprise as long as everyone stays up with the model runs, Nam was overdone but it had support from the GFS and the Euro for a time on qpf 1-1.25", But is was the 18z nam that started cutting qpf back yesterday down to .75" and the rest of 0z followed

But then there was Gray's AFD at like 4 in the morning....groan...did that suck me in. I did however have a half hour in as good a snow band as I can remember. Only thing comparable was PD1 in Dover, DE at 5"/hour. I was on a piece of land in Boscawen, 5 miles from my house and must've been in an intense cell in the heavy band. I will post pics later. I don't think it was quite as heavy at my house because I only got a little over 2 inches in that hour.

I keep trying to get GYX's updated discussion and forecast, to no avail. Finally went to their page and did the point and click...which says 9-13 during the day and 1-3 tonight with snow heavy at times tonight. ??? This was updated at 10:38am. They issue that AFD and zone at 4 am for 12-15 inches today...it busts and they don't update their AFD or their zones, despite the fact that they almost always do a late morning update.

Is it going to snow heavy at times tonight for 1-3 inches? I'd love it.

Drove from NYC to PQI yesterday. 0700 then to 0300 today.

I won't trouble you with the details.

I did fail to spin out on and then off the hwy as I had on the way down to work just two weeks earlier. Lucked out on that one- 0 damage. Just two hrs of shovelling out.

The tardy tow-truck driver was pleased with my work.

I awakened at 1200 today in a safe warm and plushly upholstered embrace. My bed is hugely comfy too.

And, mirabile dictu, it is snowing.

I might get 5"!

I'll tell the wife it was 6. She believes anything I say.

Must ride. Bye.

Vim Toot!

Mostly weenies questioning who don't even live in Maine. They don't have the ballz to post their comments for the public to see, always private message. Ever since I decided to go social network, they come out of the brickwork during every storm. I do the same per NWS guidelines. I have never been questioned by any of the 3 local networks.

Did you ever go to any of the WGME weather watcher get togethers? They are due to have another one, been awhile.

John, No, But when they do, I will attend the next one, Let me know if you here when it is, I usually talk to both Sarah and Charlie, Roger G from WMTW 8 is on here from time to time as Frostman as i e-mail him as well and a couple of others..

Edit: We need to do a NNE GTG here at some point, Maybe in Portland some where..

If you're referring to people in parts of SNE (esp. CT), then I agree. But nothing historic has happened in NNE, and my area busted low on this event by a solid 50%. Definitely beats the heck out of last season, and I have enjoyed these storms -- but I am definitely disappointed in how this one panned out for MBY.

Yeah, That area, We have not even hit our seasonal snowfall here yet

John, No, But when they do, I will attend the next one, Let me know if you here when it is, I usually talk to both Sarah and Charlie, Roger G from WMTW 8 is on here from time to time as Frostman as i e-mail him as well and a couple of others..

Edit: We need to do a NNE GTG here at some point, Maybe in Portland some where..

Portland?????

Trail-side. Greenville is a central location considering Maine's membership. Fuhget about those Vermonters coming.

The only VT lic. plates you ever see in ME are actually Mainers who register their un-inspectable cahs in VT.

Vermonters refuse to come to Maine. Especially if it means passing through that dreadful state of NH. Scandalous to even consider it.

A sled-in GTG. Yup. That's the ticket.

We are, after all, NNE!

Vim Toot!

Portland?????

Trail-side. Greenville is a central location considering Maine's membership. Fuhget about those Vermonters coming.

The only VT lic. plates you ever see in ME are actually Mainers who register their un-inspectable cahs in VT.

Vermonters refuse to come to Maine. Especially if it means passing through that dreadful state of NH. Scandalous to even consider it.

We are, after all, NNE!

Vim Toot!

I am all in for that, But i'm sure there are quite a few here that do not have one.

I am all in for that, But i'm sure there are quite a few here that do not have one.

I have four!

Any members (I said member. Dont get excited, mr. Fahk Hamstah) who need a sled- I'll loan 'em. Of course we'll have to move the GTG to Aroostook County then.

That place is crawling with weenies. Steamed dayglo-red weenies.

And me.

Vim Toot

I'll let you know if they have another one. It's been at least 4 years since the last one, which is usually the length between get togethers, so they are due.

Great idea on a NNE GTG. I'm for it!

Portland?????

We are, after all, NNE!

Vim Toot!

Would love to ride to a NNE GTG. I've always wanted to ride in Maine. BTW, there is practically a Vermonter colony in the Rangely area, or at least I know a lot of guys you go up there to hunt.

I'll let you know if they have another one. It's been at least 4 years since the last one, which is usually the length between get togethers, so they are due.

Great idea on a NNE GTG. I'm for it!

That is a great idea but NNEr's are not known for their constant stream of conversation. I could just see it now -"Where's Dendrite? Awelp, he cahn't get heah from theah":thumbsup:

Would love to ride to a NNE GTG. I've always wanted to ride in Maine. BTW, there is practically a Vermonter colony in the Rangely area, or at least I know a lot of guys you go up there to hunt.

Great area to ride other then the weekend they have snowdeo, But that has gone by, To many yahoos ride that weekend and its a joke

Archived