Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes apparently the sweep of squalls came through here earlier afternoon while I was down in the HV. Where it didn't blow I'd say we got a .2" dusting.

I was getting flurries all afternoon then in the Mid Hudson Valley so my guess is that the squalls settled into the Catskills and hung out there.

We had a nice 10-15 min. burst of sn come through around 5:30 with almost clear skies.

That on top of the first round and I can actually record .25" + for today rather than just a trace.

Ground and cars are white.

:thumbsup:

Just got back from the get-totgether across the street. Nice to walk home through the new snow beneather bright starts. Saw the lights from the road crew pass by a couple times. Driveway is mucho icy.

I think we're in for a chily night on the heels of the 1" of powder we got.

28.4/15. Mid-teen's forecasted. Pond might support some weight tomorrow.........

I'm in. No questions. Gimme remote.

No satellite TV there and know cable unless your in a city. Lots of staring at the wall.lol

nice secondary cold front moving through. strong CAA through the overnight for all of us. you could be in the upper 10s with wind by morning.

Just went for a quick walk, very very brisk. This air is so much better than summer air.

Well 500" might change my tune..lol. I just don't like hours upon hours of darkness, but Aleyska is not in the north part of the State.

Sunrise at Alyeska currently 9:47AM, Sunset 3:59 shave off another 2 hours or so by the shortest day of the year, about 41/2 hours of light.

Nudity again on picnic bench tonite

You spend an awful lot of time thinking of nude men.

Fresh white coating on his weenie.

You're no help encouraging him.

Yes apparently the sweep of squalls came through here earlier afternoon while I was down in the HV. Where it didn't blow I'd say we got a .2" dusting.

I was getting flurries all afternoon then in the Mid Hudson Valley so my guess is that the squalls settled into the Catskills and hung out there.

I would have thought you'd get the jackpot.

Just got back from the get-totgether across the street. Nice to walk home through the new snow beneather bright starts. Saw the lights from the road crew pass by a couple times. Driveway is mucho icy.

I think we're in for a chily night on the heels of the 1" of powder we got.

28.4/15. Mid-teen's forecasted. Pond might support some weight tomorrow.........

Good luck with that,

I would have thought you'd get the jackpot.

I assume this was a situation where the LES set up across the Dacks for awhile and then swept rather quickly south only to set up again toward the Catskills. It happens a lot. Thus we get maybe 12" cumulative from LES a year and the guys on here down in the western Cats get double or more that.

But hey any LES is gravy...I count on the same synoptic (coastals and sw flow event's etc. ) as the rest of you over in NE for the lions share of seasonal snowfall. That's why we in ENY are better off in the NE threads more than half the time probably. This weekend for instance -- my wx didn't have much in common with the rest of the Upstate thread. I didn't get a vicarious thrill reading their laments about the sub-par 10" event they had to endure. LOL

You misunderstood - give me a remote location. Piss on TV ... I don't watch it anyway.

Oh, got it. Here's an aerial shot of the land. Pete cut the airstrip in right after the purchase. If you like remote this is the place for you. Some people buy land in Florida to retire on. I chose AK.

Oh, got it. Here's an aerial shot of the land. Pete cut the airstrip in right after the purchase. If you like remote this is the place for you. Some people buy land in Florida to retire on. I chose AK.

What does he do for electricity and heat?

Great looking location.

At Thanksgiving we were conversing with family who live in Evergreen CO. Their house sits at 8500'. Not too shabby. The town itself is around 7700'

What does he do for electricity and heat?

Great looking location.

At Thanksgiving we were conversing with family who live in Evergreen CO. Their house sits at 8500'. Not too shabby. The town itself is around 7700'

Electricity is provided by an old diesel generator which charges a bank of batteries. Heat is a woodstove. Just got a well in this Summer and I'm supposed to go up to build a bathroom in late March. Currently there's an outhouse that is very nice although you need to visit it with a side arm or rifle. Grizzly country.

Electricity is provided by an old diesel generator which charges a bank of batteries. Heat is a woodstove. Just got a well in this Summer and I'm supposed to go up to build a bathroom in late March. Currently there's an outhouse that is very nice although you need to visit it with a side arm or rifle. Grizzly country.

And diesel comes from...???

Very nice local.

Just looking at Wednesday. That looks like suckage for my hopes of skiing much this week:

FOCUS FOR HEAVIEST RAINFALL APPEARS TO BE WED AFTERNOON AND WED

NIGHT. THIS TIMING IS SLOWER THAN 12Z GFS AND MORE IN LINE WITH

12Z ECMWF...WHICH IS PREFERRED DUE TO MAGNITUDE OF DOWNSTREAM

BLOCKING. WHILE SYSTEM IS PROGRESSIVE ENOUGH TO LIMIT POTENTIAL

FOR EXCESSIVE RAINFALL...PATTERN DOES FAVOR A 1 TO 3 INCH

RAINFALL. LOW LEVEL SE FLOW FAVORS E SLOPES OF BERKSHIRES...

MONADNOCKS...AND WORCESTER/NW RI HILLS FOR HIGHEST TOTALS.

:axe: :axe: :axe:

Very nice local.

Just looking at Wednesday. That looks like suckage for my hopes of skiing much this week:

Wa Wa FTL ... as we thought.

Very nice local.

Trucked in through the front gate.

Archived