• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

Nice Pete! I do that from time to time...one of the great things about living away from the bright lights of the cities. After 20 great years in Philly, I like the connection to nature that I get to experience out here on this country road. First morning I've woken up to our pond fully iced over. Stepping down....

Hey Mahk, Glad you've found your way ovah here. No light pollution to contend with so it makes for quite a spectacular sight. It really puts things in perspective. Our ponds are now skinned over and with temps now struggling to hit the freezing mark I suspect soon they'll be iced over until Spring. First ice is best for fishing they say. I'm going to try to do more than I have the last few years.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Mahk, Glad you've found your way ovah here. No light pollution to contend with so it makes for quite a spectacular sight. It really puts things in perspective. Our ponds are now skinned over and with temps now struggling to hit the freezing mark I suspect soon they'll be iced over until Spring. First ice is best for fishing they say. I'm going to try to do more than I have the last few years.

Never ice fished. Our pond is kinda small, maybe 200ft by 100 ft. At one point it was stocked with trout. Now I mostly see turtles polywogs, frogs tadpoles and the like. Ice fishing looks like fun.

Looks like we'll see some good snowshower activity here in an hour or so. Some decent returns moving this way from NYS as seen on KENX.

LOL, I noticed the addition to your avatar.....you interior folks crack me up with your elevation fetish. It's akin to a bunch of guys in a locker room comparing weenie sizes.

LOL, I noticed the addition to your avatar.....you interior folks crack me up with your elevation fetish. It's akin to a bunch of guys in a locker room comparing weenie sizes.

if you lived up on blue hill....you would be proud of yours. now can't even see it over your belly.

gotta shake your head and pray to the stars if your in E. NE that the retrograding low scenario is not playing out we don't need marine tainted air again.....do we.....if so i will regard the NAO being strongly negative about as helpful as my balls in a vice.

It's especially funny when the blockbuster elevation storms move in and we're SN+ above 1000' while the valley/coastal folks get a cold rain with an occasional mangled flake. Always cracks me up. BTW, do you have a basement in your condo? The detector in the basement is often the culprit when detector systems malfunction. Something with humidity swings down there seems to cause them to go bad. Not sure that's the deal but if you have to replace them try just doing that one first and see if it works.

if you lived up on blue hill....you would be proud of yours. now can't even see it over your belly.

gotta shake your head and pray to the stars if your in E. NE that the retrograding low scenario is not playing out we don't need marine tainted air again.....do we.....if so i will regard the NAO being strongly negative about as helpful as my balls in a vice.

:lol: Still highly visible.

Well you are right in that it can be too much of a good thing. The pattern is progged to be highly amplified, which also means it may lead to high emotions around here...for the good or bad. December is known for cutoffs so a stalled low that may even come west is not unheard of. Let the cards fall as they may over the next 5 days, because I guarantee we'll see some big run to run swings.

It's especially funny when the blockbuster elevation storms move in and we're SN+ above 1000' while the valley/coastal folks get a cold rain with an occasional mangled flake. Always cracks me up. BTW, do you have a basement in your condo? The detector in the basement is often the culprit when detector systems malfunction. Something with humidity swings down there seems to cause them to go bad. Not sure that's the deal but if you have to replace them try just doing that one first and see if it works.

It's more like a sub-basement. It's a finished room, and definitely not humid.

WTF?

Ray said you and he did that one time at Jade Garden...did yoo just slap them down on the table and bat and slap them back and forth against each other

Looks like upton may issue some red flag warnings today, nice seasonably cool weekend. Was checking out all the ski web cams, nice to see them all making snow, sad to think about the upcoming mega torch early next week, and all the inches of rain that will wipe out much of what they are laying down. Lots of people need that cold and snow, there lively hoods depend on it. Flooding next week?

Looks like we'll see some good snowshower activity here in an hour or so. Some decent returns moving this way from NYS as seen on KENX.

I've been watching those in NYS/VT throughout the morning. While we've had some flakes, the heavier echos seem to be drying as they advance toward the state line. Hopefully that'll change.

27.3/

Ray said you and he did that one time at Jade Garden...did yoo just slap them down on the table and bat and slap them back and forth against each other

Oh my. Watched some of Bruno last night, quite funny but my significant other fell asleep. We'll watch the rest tonight. Thought that humor would be right up your alley, so to speak.

when the HPC folks talk of a coming change .....i get a bit excited that are snow chances will materialize.....sometime in early december. nice cold day out there now......strong shortwave headed thru

looks like logan is seeing solid sn- for a while.......soon to be pete and prob MPM.....maybe the rest of us as instability really increases later this morning.

i hope this piece of crap on wednesday can set itself up so it does the least damage possible to the wa wa snow pack ...(and since man made snow is 3x as dense on ave....it is very resilient)

I also hope that our friends in the catskills pocano's and dacks can see a rain to heavy heavy snow scenario play out.....perhaps even the green's and berks.

when the HPC folks talk of a coming change .....i get a bit excited that are snow chances will materialize.....sometime in early december. nice cold day out there now......strong shortwave headed thru

looks like logan is seeing solid sn- for a while.......soon to be pete and prob MPM.....maybe the rest of us as instability really increases later this morning.

i hope this piece of crap on wednesday can set itself up so it does the least damage possible to the wa wa snow pack ...(and since man made snow is 3x as dense on ave....it is very resilient)

I also hope that our friends in the catskills pocano's and dacks can see a rain to heavy heavy snow scenario play out.....perhaps even the green's and berks.

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

I've been watching those in NYS/VT throughout the morning. While we've had some flakes, the heavier echos seem to be drying as they advance toward the state line. Hopefully that'll change.

27.3/

I think we'll catch a dusting. Ground is frozen solid now and it looks like we'll struggle to hit 32.

Archived