Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

May as well carry over here.

45.9/45. Dense fog attm.

Lots of wind to look forward to. Just get thorugh the murkiness of today. Still be a while before true winter sets in, but I'm pretty sure we'll be more in the realm of seasonable from here on out. Doesn't guarantee snow everytime given the current inland patterns, but "one of these days, Alice......".:snowman:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May as well carry over here.

45.9/45. Dense fog attm.

Lots of wind to look forward to. Just get thorugh the murkiness of today. Still be a while before true winter sets in, but I'm pretty sure we'll be more in the realm of seasonable from here on out. Doesn't guarantee snow everytime given the current inland patterns, but "one of these days, Alice......".:snowman:

Cutter after cutter isn't how I want to start my morning, but it is what it is and they are who we though they were, as we thought.

38.1F and damp.

39/39, looks lke a nice Wintry mix here for T-day Night and Black Friday. After Today it looks like we return to 30's for highs and upper teens low 20's for lows. Not bad. 3-4 days into the futuer is about all I'm concerned with. Such volatility in the LR it seems pointless to be wed to anything. -NAO stills appears to be in the cards so we'll have to keep that in mind. We'll get things cranking here shortly.

I live at 1,000 feet. 350 feet higher than you. I'm not BDL

This is true, Kevin, but it's not God's country. If you take your same distance/commute time to Windsor and move that far NW of Windsor, you'd be a much happier camper. Better winters, cooler summers, earlier leaf drop There are lots of lawns that need upkeep in God's country, too!

I live at 1,000 feet. 350 feet higher than you. I'm not BDL

Blizz, I know that! ...and I'm not quite saying that I live in 'god's country' as I am less than 5 miles to the CT River valley. (although I would argue that I more than make up those 350 feet in my lattitude).

I worked yesterday outside at the mountain in the 42F soup, with frozen ground while BDL yesterday torched at 60F. Simply drenched by a cold mist.

I honestly can't recall ever being this bummed about the weather. I was so looking forward to the pattern change that now isn't coming. Glad i was one of the first ones to bail yesterday. Will bailed last night

I bailed as soon as I woke up yesterday morning, and I was chastised. All I was doing was shining the light on truth. lol

So take a breath and move forward. Big CAA tonight/tomorrow. Some of us might get a smattering of wintry crap on T'giving. Having that in SNE will give hope to all (though I'm not excited about the drive home along the Mohawk Trail Thursday night).

Blizz, I know that! ...and I'm not quite saying that I live in 'god's country' as I am less than 5 miles to the CT River valley. (although I would argue that I more than make up those 350 feet in my lattitude).

I worked yesterday outside at the mountain in the 42F soup, with frozen ground while BDL yesterday torched at 60F. Simply drenched by a cold mist.

Mike--what do you do at BE?

Mike--what do you do at BE?

Ha, what don't I do? ...at a small, family-run mountain, you tend to wear MANY hats! Right now it's mostly trail-work, outside stuff, but I'm also spending my "indoor time" tuning skis and setting up the rental shop. I will probably end up running the rental shop this winter, and while that's not a horrible position, I'm bummed that there aren't many windows down there, and I will probably end up getting much less time on the snow than I was hoping for. Either way, getting paid to ski is kinda cool.

I honestly can't recall ever being this bummed about the weather. I was so looking forward to the pattern change that now isn't coming. Glad i was one of the first ones to bail yesterday. Will bailed last night

Oh God. Stop. You're being such a drama Queen. What's next, an official cancellation of Winter? You are being led by the nose by model swings in a highly volatile time of year. Do you think it won't snow? Do you think December closes out with a big 0 in the column for Tolland. Last week evrything was rosy, this week a setback, things are just as likely to flip back the other way. Even if things end up being putrid start to finish look on the bright side, you'll be able to employ CWEAT's Winter mowing techniques. Get a grip Kevin, things are not as dire as you're whipping yourself into believing.

Ha, what don't I do? ...at a small, family-run mountain, you tend to wear MANY hats! Right now it's mostly trail-work, outside stuff, but I'm also spending my "indoor time" tuning skis and setting up the rental shop. I will probably end up running the rental shop this winter, and while that's not a horrible position, I'm bummed that there aren't many windows down there, and I will probably end up getting much less time on the snow than I was hoping for. Either way, getting paid to ski is kinda cool.

Are you part of the family (I sound like Mario Puzzo).

Oh God. Stop. You're being such a drama Queen. What's next, an official cancellation of Winter? You are being led by the nose by model swings in a highly volatile time of year. Do you think it won't snow? Do you think December closes out with a big 0 in the column for Tolland. Last week evrything was rosy, this week a setback, things are just as likely to flip back the other way. Even if things end up being putrid start to finish look on the bright side, you'll be able to employ CWEAT's Winter mowing techniques. Get a grip Kevin, things are not as dire as you're whipping yourself into believing.

:lol:

I remember a month ago when the usual suspects..hey it's only October/early November I'm not worried..I hope it's nice and warm now..it'll get cold in December... well guess what..Dec is next week and the models are torching most of next week..So now we've lost November to another warm month..and December looks to be following the same path.. Terrible

Archived