Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By Wednesday the jingle will be "WAAAAAAA........ WA WA Water".

Yeah... no ****e... :(

Hopefully it will get out of there faster than I'm thinking... Generally 1.0" of rain across the region? 50F? :axe:

They will make up for it next Sunday and Monday....

Some random met in the cute part of Dorchester is progging heavy heavy snow in large typeface

Yeah... no ****e... :(

Hopefully it will get out of there faster than I'm thinking... Generally 1.0" of rain across the region? 50F? :axe:

They will make up for it next Sunday and Monday....

Some random met in the cute part of Dorchester is progging heavy heavy snow in large typeface

They'll be able to fire up for good after Wednesday. One of the guys I work with is pissed at how late the ski season is starting. I think some of the ski resorts are in spin mode...trying to hype up how they are making snow round the clock...blah blah blah. They should take a big hit Wednesday.

They'll be able to fire up for good after Wednesday. One of the guys I work with is pissed at how late the ski season is starting. I think some of the ski resorts are in spin mode...trying to hype up how they are making snow round the clock...blah blah blah. They should take a big hit Wednesday.

They're in rough shape. I don't know if they're spinning since you can only spin having 20 trails out of 200 open so many ways.

They're in rough shape. I don't know if they're spinning since you can only spin having 20 trails out of 200 open so many ways.

You know the typical Jay Peak crap. A few days ago they were heavily advertising how they were gonna get snow Thanksgiving weekend. Yeah, after the rain they got earlier yesterday. Now a nice flash freeze, although they will get snow today.

i'm very impressed with their start date being sunday. i guess that is a tribute to their snowmaking abilities there. And i would think there snowmaking would have to be top notch....cause you aren't gonna survive on the annual snowfall you get there. thou may probably sneak near 100" at the 2000' top.

You know the typical Jay Peak crap. A few days ago they were heavily advertising how they were gonna get snow Thanksgiving weekend. Yeah, after the rain they got earlier yesterday. Now a nice flash freeze, although they will get snow today.

They need to market their opening day somehow :)

Rain, flash freeze, 2" of wind blown fluff probably won't make it onto a billboard.

Its going to be an ugly week for them with a rainy torch on Wednesday.

Rain, flash freeze, 2" of wind blown fluff probably won't make it onto a billboard.

I know they have to market their product, but some of their crap is just outright lies. Not to mention the slant sticker up there who measures snow every 30 minutes.

Yeah by next weekend they should be making up ground but they still need a solid natural snow dump which isn't a lock as we all know lol

well thankfully it's still november. outside of a few random good years, this kind of crap goes on every year. i remember being fooled once into going up north for a november ski weekend. will never fall for that trick again.

well thankfully it's still november. outside of a few random good years, this kind of crap goes on every year. i remember being fooled once into going up north for a november ski weekend. will never fall for that trick again.

Violently agree, it is a long season, wait until they are fully open, ski midweek on acres and acres of uncrossed terrain.

Nonwintry precipitation? That's a new one that I like for rain.

Non-crystalline precip is my favorite description. You guys are making the damage the areas will receive to be worse than it actually will be. The MM snow can take a beating and the episode will be short lived.

What's cool about Jay Peak though is how they upslope from virtually every direction. NW, E, S, N, W all work for them. Not many places can boast that (though Kevin tries to).

Yea Jay gets smoked although a great majority of it gets blown into the trees locked in mostly tight tree unskiable terrain, but their glades do have chest high stashes.

LOL... its a business... if you don't market it at least in some capacity, you might as well close up. If you say "today is going to suck" (there are days our ski patrol comes in and says, someone needs to put the word "atrocious" on the snow report) ... you might as well not open that day.

With that said... its snowing and while it won't be a game changer, it looks nice out there and we could pull 3-6" total from this if the squalls break right.

What's cool about Jay Peak though is how they upslope from virtually every direction. NW, E, S, N, W all work for them. Not many places can boast that (though Kevin tries to).

Jay is in the best location for a ski area in the eastern U.S... no doubt. On Mansfield we have high terrain south of us and north of us so we don't really upslope on a due southerly flow or due northerly flow. However, any easterly or westerly component to the wind will upslope over 3,000ft between the lower elevations east/west of the mountain, and the 4,000ft ridgeline.

In general though, no one can beat Jay for pure orographic fun.

Archived