• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28-29/11 clipper snows

weatherwiz

NAM is better for tomorrow, but not enough ridging out ahead of it to really get some good inflow into this. Perhaps the Cape could see a couple of inches out of it. Still with the vortmax south and a cold airmass..maybe we can squeeze an inch out of it. Maybe a little more in some areas..esp south. It looks like the type of feature where most of the lift is in the 700-500 layer. Probably one of those things where the precip shield it patchy, but there is a smaller, concentrated area of snow that gets a few people with an inch or more. NAM actually has decent lift and RH in the 850-500 layer which is a good start, but I wish we had more inflow from the south or even east.

If it goes south of us I think we lock in a couple inches for everyone..if it rides right over the top..then it's more scattered 1-2 amts

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it goes south of us I think we lock in a couple inches for everyone..if it rides right over the top..then it's more scattered 1-2 amts

The problem is the s/w ahead of it doesn't allow it to amplify much and it stays positively tilted before exiting the coast. Normally that would be a great track of us if it was neg tilted like most of them go before reaching here.

1-3" south coast of RI and SE MA/Cape Cod? Not sure about anywhere else didn't really look but if the NAM isn't smoking rope a classic little last minute deal with a single band (surrounded by snow showers) that puts out some decent snows.

Nice jump in 12 hours towards a better solution. If the NAM isn't cooking it again it's hinting at a good 6 hour period of snow in a narrow line somewhere around the Cape. Last few hours are light stuff, but room for change.

If we're going to turn this into a 95-96 deal this will turn into 1-3/2-4 tonight and a solid 2-4/3-6 tomorrow ...hot dogging it but that's the way it went that year around this time.

1-3" south coast of RI and SE MA/Cape Cod? Not sure about anywhere else didn't really look but if the NAM isn't smoking rope a classic little last minute deal with a single band (surrounded by snow showers) that puts out some decent snows.

Nice jump in 12 hours towards a better solution. If the NAM isn't cooking it again it's hinting at a good 6 hour period of snow in a narrow line somewhere around the Cape. Last few hours are light stuff, but room for change.

If we're going to turn this into a 95-96 deal this will turn into 1-3/2-4 tonight and a solid 2-4/3-6 tomorrow ...hot dogging it but that's the way it went that year around this time.

i think 1-3 is reasonable right now.

there's one lone sref member that smokes us...relatively speaking. :lol:

hopefully it doesn't snow all that much. i don't want to drive back 2 hours on snow-covered roads after being at FMs for 5 hours.
I hear ya..and wouldn't want to either..but if we see 1-3 widespread over most of SNe which is looking likely..that shouldn'tbe enough to not drive in. If it was 3-6 or something..then we'd probably have to reschedule

12z GFS likes the Cape for 1-3" though BL could be a bit marginal so it would be wet.

Thanks Will.

It's a marginal situation. Most everything seems to overperform this year. Hoping we can keep the same s/w track but maybe back away from the slight weakening trend there and end up with a decent little quick hit.

GFS has the same signal displaced a few miles south/east. The main "band" breaks out but there's a more signifcant band aligned NNW to SSE somewhere either over SE MA or just south that rotates to a west to east position at one point. GFS would have the nose of it just barely on the eastern cape, NAM has it over.

Be an interesting watch.

It seems like there is a lot of light snow all through NY and PA...none of that is gonna make it in here later today for everyone to see up to an inch or so???

The stuff is light but it looks like it is moving to the east pretty steadily.....there isnt much wind so its upper level stuff and not lake effect right?

I liked it better when everyone obsessed over the Blizzard and missed the morning snowstorm we knew was coming, got big kudos from the big boss CEO for the heads up on that one.

So what's your call for Saturday?

RGEM holds serve with a dusting to maybe 2" over a lot of SNE.

Oh and the RUC would look great. Yeah yeah it's the RUC but even at 18hours the other night it had a better forecast than every global model at that point in time. The RUC doesn't bite on the south trend with the american 18z guidance. So I think we're still good.

I swear I had to turn on the AC for a little while in my car because my 4 year old daughter was claiming she was "sweating"

Weenie flakes here... picked up a dusting

Ah new england.

lol..I walked out of school and thought "How is it snowing? It feels like it should be raining." I guess Im just used to the cold.

Archived