Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meh, like so many clippers, this one is getting drier as it approaches

don't get me wrong, I'll take anything, its just that the Canadian and GFS were advertising snow storms for us while Euro had a dreaded cutter

now that this season has proven it can snow for us, I'm hoping for some pattern repetition as is often the case

Let us hope that is the case, at least now that you busted badly you can root for alot more snow :P .

Fire Trucks are now starting to get stuck everywhere.

That's been going on for a while now... and tiller trucks are having trouble with snow-weighted low hanging limbs!!! Can't remember how many companies I have heard call in unable to respond due to vehicles/trees blocking routes. In addition, there was a report of a pregnant female on the side of I-83 between Northern and Ruxton that units were unable to get to ue to I-83 being a parking lot caused by a jack-knifed Tractor trailer... advised police officers on scene to transport patient.

On top of the 4" from Round 1, I just took the yardstick out and took six measurements across my driveway which I cleared between storms and got 6 - 9" measurements on the nose for a total of 13" and I still have moderate snow coming down!!! WOW, could really go for a few more surprises like this before the season is over!!!:thumbsup:

Walked around NE Dupont a bit, and I don't know what this stuff on the ground is, but it sure isn't snow any more. I tried some measurements getting anywhere from 2.5-4.5 inches depending on location, but all of it was ridiculously water dense and compact. Some of the sidewalks are solid blocks of incompressible slush.

Archived