• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The "Randy might chase" thread

Whether it's this week or not... we definitely need to do a LES chase. I missed the '07 chase and have been itching to do that. Andy even mentioned it the other day I saw.

I get my brief vicarious thrills here when the sweep takes a band down through here (maybe a 30 minute +SN burst) then adios, but never been in a true plume for hours and hours on end.

Holding pattern. I think by Tues. morning, we'll be able to give you a "nay", "yea" or "not sure" :arrowhead:;)

Two of us from SW Ohio are planning on coming up Friday afternoon, have been planning it since mid last week. Hoping the trough gets hung up enough NE of the lakes to keep favorable persistent fetches. Will be following this thread in the meantime. This will be our first LES chase. Will be a nice change of pace from spring chasing!

I think you should stay home Randy! :thumbsdown: Once again, I think we are victims to the inherent errors that come with modling pieces of energy (which effect the overall downstream pattern) that reside well off the W. coast or other areas of sparse data.....5-10 days out. We went from a full latitude trough/large cutoff 3 days ago, to a very progressive strong trough passage...ie potential blockbuster event squished down to MAYBE a few spots reaching 8-10"......quite ordinarily hum-drum for these parts this time of year.

I think you should stay home Randy! :thumbsdown: Once again, I think we are victims to the inherent errors that come with modling pieces of energy (which effect the overall downstream pattern) that reside well off the W. coast or other areas of sparse data.....5-10 days out. We went from a full latitude trough/large cutoff 3 days ago, to a very progressive strong trough passage...ie potential blockbuster event squished down to MAYBE a few spots reaching 8-10"......quite ordinarily hum-drum for these parts this time of year.

disaster :axe:

Yeah, I'm gonna bail on this one...saw that possibility yesterday. Oh well.

Maybe you might want to cancel the above trip cancel! :P Quite a filp flop flip with the models the last few days! If things stay as robust for 12z runs, you may still want to make a go! And the southtowns of BUF get creamed this time of year on this type of progged flow! Or if you want to head back up to the Cracker Barrel (or a bit inland from there (up in elevation)) just south of Watertown, that'd be a potential winner too!

:unsure:

DURING THE COURSE OF FRIDAY NIGHT...THE PLUMES SHOULD INTENSIFY DUE

TO INCREASED SHORELINE CONVERGENCE. THE ACTIVITIY IS EXPECTED TO

SETTLE JUST A LITTLE TO THE SOUTH OF THE INITIAL FRIDAY AFTERNOON

POSITIONS...WITH SRN ERIE COUNTY/NRN CHAUT AND CATT COUNTIES BEING

THE FOCUS FOR LAKE ERIE WHILE THE TUG HILL WILL BE THE FOCUS FOR

LAKE ONTARIO. IT IS STILL TOO EARLY TO GIVE SNOW ACCUMULATION

ESTIMATES AND EVEN EARLY FOR ANY WATCHES AT THIS POINT...BUT IT IS

PROBABLY SAFE TO SAY THAT PLOWABLE ACCUMUATIONS ARE LIKELY.

GIVEN THE RELATIVE `WARMTH` OF THE LOWER BOUNDARY LAYER...THE HEIGHT

OF THE CAP...AND CLIMATOLOGY...IT IS VERY LIKELY THAT THE PLUMES

WILL GENERATE SOME THUNDER AND LIGHTNING. ANY THUNDER AND LIGHTNING

WILL BE ACCOMPANIED BY SOME GRAUPEL AND/OR SNOWFALL RATES EXCEEDING

2 INCHES/HR.

:unsure:

DURING THE COURSE OF FRIDAY NIGHT...THE PLUMES SHOULD INTENSIFY DUE

TO INCREASED SHORELINE CONVERGENCE. THE ACTIVITIY IS EXPECTED TO

SETTLE JUST A LITTLE TO THE SOUTH OF THE INITIAL FRIDAY AFTERNOON

POSITIONS...WITH SRN ERIE COUNTY/NRN CHAUT AND CATT COUNTIES BEING

THE FOCUS FOR LAKE ERIE WHILE THE TUG HILL WILL BE THE FOCUS FOR

LAKE ONTARIO. IT IS STILL TOO EARLY TO GIVE SNOW ACCUMULATION

ESTIMATES AND EVEN EARLY FOR ANY WATCHES AT THIS POINT...BUT IT IS

PROBABLY SAFE TO SAY THAT PLOWABLE ACCUMUATIONS ARE LIKELY.

GIVEN THE RELATIVE `WARMTH` OF THE LOWER BOUNDARY LAYER...THE HEIGHT

OF THE CAP...AND CLIMATOLOGY...IT IS VERY LIKELY THAT THE PLUMES

WILL GENERATE SOME THUNDER AND LIGHTNING. ANY THUNDER AND LIGHTNING

WILL BE ACCOMPANIED BY SOME GRAUPEL AND/OR SNOWFALL RATES EXCEEDING

2 INCHES/HR.

Go for it :thumbsup:

Archived