Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2014-2015

Jurg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

37/32/14/0

One reservation about the high is they'll be socked in low stratus, but if they hang on to NW winds tonight they'll start the day at like 34 so we'll see. Reservation about the low is they may have a window to cool tomorrow evening if they can clear, but models show clouds hanging on tomorrow evening and there are a lot of clouds upstream. The NAM shows pretty decent winds just off the deck until 6z or so and if they stay in the mid 30's this evening some of that should mix down. We'll see.

NW at 10 knots gusting to 20 right now. I think my 14 is looking a-okay. Now let's see what the temps can do. NAM also looks a bit warmer this evening, but I am still worried about the low this evening depending on how much the winds slacken. And maybe I'll sleep at some point during the next 12 hours.

33/31 I don't like our chances.

Yea the flow has shifted westerly and will likely go more southwesterly before 06z. With the flow no longer coming from the lake, they may be able to break out of the fog before 06z. With a significant snowpack that could mean a temperature freefall. For what its worth, both the NCEP and NCAR HRRR are in the 28-29oF before 06z. 

How was the highest wind speed of the day only 11?  It should be 14 right?

Correct. I sent an email on Saturday, but they usually don't fix these issues until Monday of the following week (today). If it's not fixed by this afternoon, I'd suggest others sending an email to the WxChallenge manager.

I don't know what to tell you about that. I sent them an email on that one quite a while ago (although it actually would hurt my score)...

I just sent an e-mail myself. Awesome if they change it because it'll help my score. If not, oh well. On to Phoenix.

Edit: Just received this explanation from my local manager:

Looking back at this day, I see that the high of 26 on the climo report was at 11:59 PM.  It looks like the actual high of 27 occurred sometime between midnight and 1 AM, and since the verification for ANJ was from 1 AM - 1 AM, this would have counted for the previous day.

Fiddle-sticks.

• 1 month later...

Archived