joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 storm potential

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give me a storm where we aren't threading the needle? Even Boxing Day threaded the needle to some extent.

Every storm at this latitude "threads the needle" to some extent. There aren't types of storms that are automatic big snow producers here like SWFEs are for New England or cutters for the Great Lakes.

For one of the more experienced posters/mets here, does this have shades of March 01'? Saw some grumblings about it in the New England forum.

Unless this thing stalls and hangs around for 36 hours i dont think 01' IMO would be a correct comparison. Better comparison would be boxing day blizzard and 2/13

The ggem could show a blizzard for many runs and i still wouldnt believe in it after last storm lol.. panic.

Problem is, NO model has been good this winter. The last three storms that missed us for example; each one had a depiction at one time from a different model showing a HECS for our area, and each time it was dead wrong. Can only hope the canadian has a better handle on this, cause no model is riding the hot hand right now.

Why wouldn't I want the solution that benefits me the most? Just sayin...

I dont care about your backyard to me it can be a bottomless abyss, i need the snow since severe weather season shafts me EVERY year. Spread the wealth yanks and dont be hog! :lol: i know this is banter btw mods ;)

This is a classic storm where the GFS is going to be useless, as a matter of fact I'm shocked to see it has a storm at all in this sort of setup at this range...this is definitely one where I'd ride the Euro/Ensembles the entire way.

IMO the EURO and its entire suite makes it living on these big phasing miller A's. it nailed the 2/13 storm and that was a pretty sizable miller A as well.

Archived