SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 25-26 storm potential

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ant unless your in NE i put almost zero stock in a norlun trough signature. That said im watching the ECMWF control/OP/ensembles before i take what the GFS shows as gospel especially this far out

I know about the norlun but this run wasn't  that bad considering we are 5 days away and we have seen big shifts as we got close to an event. H5 doesn't look bad at all.

Good luck with what? People are making it seem that this is the final solution. This run wasn't that far away from a bigger storm for our area. The coast still gets some snow.

I agree. Don't be discouraged. All the models are showing a powerhouse storm; just might be the GFS southeast bias at play here. Six days to go, lots of time for this to trend west. I would wait till the weekend when everything is on shore. 

I agree. Don't be discouraged. All the models are showing a powerhouse storm; just might be the GFS southeast bias at play here. Six days to go, lots of time for this to trend west. I would wait till the weekend when everything is on shore. 

That's what Upton and MT Holly are saying in their discussions.

Can't really take any of these runs seriously until we get the data in by Saturday. Don't forget how the models suddenly shifted south significantly once they had the new data with the last storm. This is still  just noise to me this far out anyway. This obviously looks like a strong storm though. 

There's this weird comfort though that we're not in the impact zone at Day 6, since this is unlikely to play out as modeled right now.

Spent the first 14 years of my life in Massapequa, they got robbed by a quick change to rain while 287 and North always jackpotted.  Hating Long Island for the rare lucky strike, if it even happens, is just so wrong.

I dislike Long Island for other reasons which I'll keep private about since they are not weather related. From my experience, we don't get as many 287 jackpots up here as we used to. Seems most of the events are either all rain or all snow for a majority of the area the past few years.

This thing is bombing into the 970's by hour 144, this is a classic example of a phase being too late.

We need a faster phase between the three branches of the Jet Stream to get this closer to the BM.

The Arctic, Pacific, and Subtropical jets throw the party to our NE this run.

I dislike Long Island for other reasons which I'll keep private about since they are not weather related. From my experience, we don't get as many 287 jackpots up here as we used to. Seems most of the events are either all rain or all snow for a majority of the area the past few years.

Yea I remember growing up it was always NW that got the jackpot

Help me out here, tell these guys how bad the 80`s were when we were kids . The guys that have been seeing this stuff since 2000 have NO idea what it was like . Crud . 

haha Paul, Im a little younger I guess =) but even the late 90 and 00s were bad...I remember hoping for storms year after year (only feb 03 and a dec 7 storm were memorable) so I could play tackle football in the street only to watch storm after storm hit NW areas.

The only snow jewel we have been missing in our crown since 2000 has been the big

post March 21-22nd snow event here. We have cashed in on great late October, November

December, January, and February snow events. The major late season snow event has

been the most elusive here.

The only snow jewel we have been missing in our crown since 2000 has been the big

post March 21-22nd snow event s here. We have cashed in on great late October, November

December, January, and February snow events. The major late season snow event has

Good point Blue

post March 21-22nd snow event here. We have cashed in on great late October, November

According to Monty hall that means we're due.

the only one was the april 7, 2003 snowstorm. that one was spectacular, considering the date.  7 inches of snow in the middle of the street at 2pm.

The GGEM drags this storm NW, essentially getting tugged back west by the polar energy.

12_054_G1_north@america@zoomout_I_4PAN_C

12_054_G1_north@america@zoomout_I_4PAN_C

With no blocking, its threading the needle for us; what else is new? Just one of many scenarios that could play out. The canadian pretty much shows best case scenario. Hopefully the canadian is onto something. If the EURO and GFS start showing this depiction in future runs, this place will explode! :popcorn:

With no blocking, its threading the needle for us; what else is new? Just one of many scenarios that could play out. The canadian pretty much shows best case scenario. Hopefully the canadian is onto something. If the EURO and GFS start showing this depiction in future runs, this place will explode! :popcorn:

Give me a storm where we aren't threading the needle? Even Boxing Day threaded the needle to some extent.

Archived