• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Getting Severe Weather Alerts on Facebook--what are the best options?

Other than linking to local TV/regional weather/NWS office Facebook pages, is there a way to receive, for free (preferably) local severe weather alerts on Facebook for your preferred counties?  And when there's a warning it shows up either as a Notification, a Private Message, and/or perhaps even a post on your FB profile (so your friends could see it too).

Anything out there, or perhaps a FB app, that provides Severe Weather alerts for your social media profiles?  Just curious.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2016 at 5:48 PM, Tim from Springfield (IL) said:

Other than linking to local TV/regional weather/NWS office Facebook pages, is there a way to receive, for free (preferably) local severe weather alerts on Facebook for your preferred counties?  And when there's a warning it shows up either as a Notification, a Private Message, and/or perhaps even a post on your FB profile (so your friends could see it too).

Anything out there, or perhaps a FB app, that provides Severe Weather alerts for your social media profiles?  Just curious.

You probably will not find what you are looking for through Facebook, but there are several mobile phone apps for official weather alerts. I use the free android app called Simple Weather Alerts. Many of the private sector national weather organizations' apps can also give you the option for receiving weather alerts. Check Weather Channel, Accuweather, Weather Underground, Weatherbug, etc. User submitted product reviews can be very useful for making your selections.

I have the NOAA radio app which you can set push notifications for states or even counties. However, I have not been receiving any push notifications for nearly two months now.  I've used the support feature to send a couple emails...the first email I received a response asking what my location was and I told them alon with sending my device token and what states I had...but got no response after that and never heard back from my second attempt.  

The he app is cool though b/c you can easily check SPC outlooks, MD's, and current watches

• 4 weeks later...

Archived